Introduction and Project Assistance

Leo Alexander Gesvantner

Dec 4, 2011, 10:32:09 PM12/4/11
to Global Dev Team
Hey everyone. I'm a member of the Tech Team and part of the core
Zeitnews staff -- I manage and write for the Zeitnews science and
technology blog. I'm also a social entrepreneur and am currently
involved with a few independent projects to try to install the basic
infrastructure needed to facilitate the emergence of an RBE. I'm
currently looking for assistance on one of these projects (loosely
described below) and would appreciate any assistance offered.

I'm planning a series of experiments to attempt to derive a consistent
ratio between the number of people who download a song for free and
the number who also donate to the artist. The purpose of this is to
attempt to raise confidence in artists' use of the filesharing
community for distributing music (and other forms of art, if possible)
while still being able to pay the bills and to promote the idea that
art, information, and anything else that can be shared freely and
openly around the world, should be shared freely and openly solely so
everyone can be free to enjoy it, benefit from it, and help improve
it.

I'm having a difficult time finding an individual with experience in
setting up and maintaining websites who would be able to volunteer, at
most, 10 hours a week toward helping me set up and run this project.
I cannot afford to pay anyone while the experiment is ongoing since I
have no plans to derive income from this during the experiment (I'll
take
care of funding the project), however this is likely to change after
the experimentation is completed.

This project is separate from TZM and will not have a direct
association to it (it is a for-profit venture -- profits will be used
to help fund other independent projects that fall in line with the
philosophy and direction of TZM), but if anyone is interested and has
the time to assist me or would like more information on the project
feel free to respond.

- Leo

David Z

Dec 5, 2011, 12:58:17 AM12/5/11
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
will announce this call out to the Au Chapter Alex.