-=ZM Dev Team=- Soliciting Ideas from Chapter Coordinators (etc)

James Tarpinian

Jun 21, 2011, 11:09:09 AM6/21/11
to Global Dev Team
Hi folks!
I have been thinking about trying to get as much feedback from those
currently using the global and chapter sites, about what they would
like to see happen with our project. The post by cluster on the global
forum is a great place to start, but I feel like we could do a bit
more in this direction, and now would probably be the time for this
right? Is there any possible way we could get a mass mailing sent out?
If that is difficult to set up, I would be happy to go through the
list of chapters on the global site and contact each one individually.
The problem with that is not that it's time consuming (I could
probably do it in a few hours), but that I think they would be more
likely to respond to an official mailing. I was thinking a good way to
get details is ask 1.) What is their favorite part of the current
site, 2.) What is their least favorite part of the current site, and
3.) What is one thing they would want to see added to the new site.
Then of course ask for any further comments or suggestions. These
answers and comments could be compiled into a wiki page for further
organization... Any thoughts?
Best,
~James T

Kamikasi

Jun 22, 2011, 12:14:46 PM6/22/11
to Global Dev Team
That sounds great James, and I agree a mass mailing would be
preferrable, but I have no idea how that would be done. Hopefully
someone else does!

My one thought is that we really need somewhere for them to write
their suggestions. Like a google document or something, where they can
just enter their suggestions and see all the other things that have
been suggested so far so we can avoid repetition. It's just too much
of a hassle for everyone to register at the wiki.

Yours sincerely,
-Isak/Kamikasi

Nick Polimeni

Jun 22, 2011, 1:12:57 PM6/22/11
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Chapters are interested in what we are doing.

Direct contacts are being planned.

Wiki is where the information is, and is complete, or as complete as can be found in one place. As the project advances, developers will post activities in a PM software.

Cheers,

Nick

Kamikasi

Jun 23, 2011, 8:54:54 AM6/23/11
to Global Dev Team
Nick said:
Direct contacts are being planned.

Can you be more specific? How can anyone help organize this project if
we don't know about the stuff going on?

I have now cleaned up the brainstorming part of the wiki (http://
wiki.zmlingteam.org/w/Project_Definition_Brainstorming), hopefully
this will make it easier for people to contribute.

James Tarpinian

Jun 24, 2011, 1:17:49 AM6/24/11
to Global Dev Team
Okay folks, have gone through all the international chapters and
contacted them via listed email addresses or website contact forms.
Already have heard back from Nelson, the Chile/"Latinoamerica"
coordinator, he was very happy about this. A few I could not find any
contacts for, or could not translate the websites (Spain??), but we
can deal with those few later. Tomorrow I will go through all the
Canada and USA sub-chapters, then it's just a matter of waiting for
them all to respond, we'll get what we can.
Best,
J~

Nick Polimeni

Jun 26, 2011, 12:16:11 PM6/26/11
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
That's very good. I posted a notice in the ZM-Chapters, which is supposed to be people from all the chapters. We'll see what we get.

Good on you, Tarpinian.

I'm now reviewing all the suggestions already sent in, and will try to segregate them into categories, and after I put that together, it should be easier to get a picture of what the new system should look like...

Anybody else is welcome to check it out and add suggestions, and analyze what we have, and maybe you'll get more ideas.

Nick Polimeni

Jul 7, 2011, 2:25:40 AM7/7/11
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com, James Tarpinian
I'm glad you go on this trek. Much appreciated.

I think you already mentioned that you signed up with zm-chapters? You can continue the call from there, which will go to chapter coordinators and developers. Arts.Fantasy has done that, but there's no harm to keeping a continuous call out... and repeating it every week or two.

Meanwhile, we have some research to do... check out the meeting schedule I just posted, and the items on the agenda... I'd love to have lots of informed people at the meeting.

I want to get some Open Source Integration software...

Nick