Scientific Method

Boldhawk

Jul 2, 2012, 11:46:42 AM7/2/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Since this movement started, the guide and rule of conduct has been the scientific method. Yet, there hasn't been any papers published to show the SM study that decisions which were carried out, have been arrived at through the application of it.

GDT has been working on such a project to help re-organize the direction and drive of at least what the GDT does, and why.

After you've had a chance to review the work: http://wiki.linguisticteam.org/w/GDT_Environment_Foundation, I will give further explanations, and the reasons this hasn't been promoted with any intensity, if there is any interest.

Norman Khine

Jul 5, 2012, 9:25:38 AM7/5/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
This paper would be of interest http://www.oekonux.org/texts/GermFormTheory.html

Boldhawk

Jul 6, 2012, 7:50:27 AM7/6/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
The paper for which Norman provided a link is about a process that could be applied to software development, and is probably more thorough than necessary; although some marginal analogies could have been dispensed with, they're still interesting, and would probably be useful to some.

Also, in some ways, it could show why the GDT hasn't yet been able to form in such way as to provide many of the necessary tools for the movement. Nevertheless, the SM should be followed through to some intelligent directions. The paper cited may provide some thought to help along with SM.

Norman Khine

Jul 9, 2012, 9:52:40 AM7/9/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
I believe that the paper does provide several points which the GDT needs to be aware of, especially within the Design and Architecture of these tools.

Since the beginning of my involvement within this group, I have tried to steer us into a model of development which closely reflects what we as a movement are trying to achieve.

Taking it from this perspective, as an example, and looking at section 2. Crises of an old form, in the paper, we can see that the GDT (I am talking about the Phoenix part) decided to follow an old form for it's basis, i.e. the LAMP stack.

"When the old forms and principles no longer work efficiently, the old system runs into a crisis."

In addition to the GDT's Mission Statement:

"The Developers Team's primary short and medium range goals focus on facilitating and innovating a broad scope of intelligent applications and automation tools to further enhance the functionality of the Movement's websites and related communication technologies and projects. "

Anyhow the point I am trying to make is that we should be aiming towards building a  'doubly free' applications to use within the community.

This is a direction we should explore and use, rather then build systems that from the outset have restrictions imposed onto us.

devworker

Dec 30, 2012, 8:29:48 AM12/30/12
to zm-global...@googlegroups.com
Hello:

I am an eager professional developer that would like to become more involved with TZM development projects, but there is no organizational structure, and this is frustrating and counterproductive.  I would like to volunteer to host some kind of central development portal, I use web faction as my host, and would register whatever domain name would be necessary.  What channels do I have to go through in order to make that happen?  Please email or PM me with the details and I can get the ball rolling.

Thanks,

devworker