Show less data and get two scroll bars?

andy_c

Aug 26, 2009, 12:48:28 PM8/26/09
to ZiYa Plugin
Hello,

I am using a floating bar chart and the values range from 0 to 1000 on
the x-axis. Is there a way to have the x-axis show values for a
smaller range, such as from 200 to 600? Also, is there a way to get a
horizontal scroll bar to appear when the x-axis is in this smaller
range (I want to have two scroll bars)? Remember for a bar or
floating bar chart axis_category is the y-axis and axis_value is the x-
axis (this is flipped for a line or column chart).

Thanks

andy_c

Aug 27, 2009, 8:32:40 AM8/27/09
to ZiYa Plugin
I just wanted to add something real quick. For the floating bar chart
I know how to show a smaller range or zoom in on the y-axis and how to
add a scroll component to the y-axis, however I cannot figure out how
to do this for the x-axis. I have tried using the axis_value
component and setting min and max to a smaller range, and then setting
mode to trim but this had no affect. Additionally, I am using the
axis_value_label component to override the default axis_label with my
own custom labels. Could using my own custom labels be the reason I
am unable to show a smaller range on the x-axis or am I just using the
axis_value component incorrectly? Any guidance or help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fernand Galiana

Aug 27, 2009, 10:20:45 AM8/27/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

   There is currently no support for scrolling on both axis this is a limitation on the underlying flash framework.
   Is there a way you could either rollup the data or allow the user the drilldown to the chart by narrowing down
   the categories prior to displaying the chart ?

-Fernand