Unable to get ZiYa to run in development mode

1 view

andy_c

Aug 13, 2009, 7:03:46 PM8/13/09
to ZiYa Plugin
Hello,

I am using RadRails and Mongrel to do my Ruby on Rails development and
for some reason in order to get ZiYa to work I have to set the server
to production mode, otherwise it just hangs and nothing happens. Here
is what I get in the console:

=> Booting Mongrel
=> Rails 2.3.3 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3005

and that is it. It just hangs here. In contrast, here is what I get
when I set the server to production mode:

=> Booting Mongrel
=> Rails 2.3.3 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3005
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server

and I am able to bring up the site and everything works.

I would prefer to set the server to development mode because of some
of the features that are unique to being in development mode. Any
advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fernand Galiana

Aug 14, 2009, 12:05:37 AM8/14/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andy,

   Could you send me your Ziya.initialize setup ? Also can you run the ziya_galeria sample
   app on your box in dev mode ?

-Fernand

andy_c

Aug 20, 2009, 6:21:34 PM8/20/09
to ZiYa Plugin
It turns out I had the same problem someone posted earlier:
http://groups.google.com/group/ziya-plugin/browse_thread/thread/88e89c04c84c5623
Just as Mark said switch to logging 0.9.7 and it will work in
development mode using RadRails.

On Aug 13, 10:05 pm, Fernand Galiana <fernand.gali...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
>    Could you send me your Ziya.initialize setup ? Also can you run the
> ziya_galeria sample
>    app on your box in dev mode ?
>
> -Fernand
>
> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 5:03 PM, andy_c <Andrew.Co...@lmco.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > I am using RadRails and Mongrel to do my Ruby on Rails development and
> > for some reason in order to get ZiYa to work I have to set the server
> > to production mode, otherwise it just hangs and nothing happens.  Here
> > is what I get in the console:
>
> > => Booting Mongrel
> > => Rails 2.3.3 application starting onhttp://0.0.0.0:3005
>
> > and that is it.  It just hangs here.  In contrast, here is what I get
> > when I set the server to production mode:
>
> > => Booting Mongrel
> > => Rails 2.3.3 application starting onhttp://0.0.0.0:3005

Fernand Galiana

Aug 21, 2009, 2:05:12 AM8/21/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys - This is very surprising. I will follow up with the logging gem folks.
Somehow something broke for windows in later versions...

-Fernand