Trouble moving to Rails 3 environment

spncrgr

Feb 28, 2011, 1:07:26 PM2/28/11
to ZiYa Plugin
Hello,

I'm working on a website that is being moved from an old server to a
new one. The website itself is written in PHP with some Perl thrown
in. However, there is one tool available on the website that is driven
by a Rails app. This is code that my company inherited...not something
we chose to do :)

So, what I'm trying to do is update the app to work in a Rails 3
environment since that is what will be installed on the new server.
I've got everything else working fine, but I'm struggling with the
ZiYa part. The original app was created close to 5 years ago and used
a plugin. The old server setup is Ruby 1.8.7 (2009-12-24 patchlevel
248) [i386-freebsd6] and Rails 2.0.2.

I followed the setup instructions from the ZiYa Github page and tried
to adapt the old controller and view code. However, the chart isn't
rendering correctly. I see the correct axis labels on the x-axis and y-
axis, but the chart itself doesn't have the right values and no line
is showing at all. The only other thing I see is a bunch of what
looks like garbles text at the top of the chart box.

Here's a link to the old and new controller code, but let me know if
there's any other code that would be helpful.

http://www.pastie.org/1617645

Thanks!
Spencer

fernand...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2011, 9:07:23 PM2/28/11
to ZiYa Plugin
Hi Spencer,

Are you still using the ZiYa plugin or using the gem?

The current version of the gem 2.3.0 should run fine on rails3

Could you send me the output of the rendered chart along with the
xml generated by chart_controller/generate_chart.xml?

Thanks!
Fernand

Spencer Roach

Mar 1, 2011, 11:35:11 AM3/1/11
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply, Fernand!

I'm using the gem (version 2.3.0).

Attached is the xml being generated. Also attached is a screenshot of the chart output.

Hold on...I was about to send this when I thought I would check a few things first. I read through the tutorial at http://www.maani.us/xml_charts/index.php?menu=Tutorial&submenu=Basics. When I got to the part about caching, it dawned on me that I didn't consider that. I cleared my browser's cache and now it's working.

My apologies, I should have checked that before sending my question.

Thanks, again, for the reply!!

Spencer

fernand...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2011, 11:46:59 AM3/1/11
to ZiYa Plugin
Hi Spencer,

Glad it's working now. Thanks for the follow up and explanations!

-Fernand

On Mar 1, 9:35 am, Spencer Roach <thisbudsfory...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, Fernand!
>
> I'm using the gem (version 2.3.0).
>
> Attached is the xml being generated. Also attached is a screenshot of the
> chart output.
>
> Hold on...I was about to send this when I thought I would check a few things
> first. I read through the tutorial athttp://www.maani.us/xml_charts/index.php?menu=Tutorial&submenu=Basics. When
> I got to the part about caching, it dawned on me that I didn't consider
> that. I cleared my browser's cache and now it's working.
>
> My apologies, I should have checked that before sending my question.
>
> Thanks, again, for the reply!!
>
> Spencer
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 9:07 PM, fernand.gali...@gmail.com <

spncrgr

Mar 1, 2011, 11:54:43 AM3/1/11
to ZiYa Plugin
I guess I do have one more question. When the chart is generated, the
chart itself is a link to the xml/swf website. If I read right, that's
the behavior for an unlicensed implementation? If so, then I'm
assuming that the license being used is for a version 4.* of xml/swf?

On Mar 1, 11:46 am, "fernand.gali...@gmail.com"

fernand...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2011, 11:58:28 AM3/1/11
to ZiYa Plugin
Hi Spencer,

Yes - double check that LICENSE is set correctly first.
If so you might need to get a new license for vers 5.

-Fernand

spncrgr

Mar 1, 2011, 12:20:54 PM3/1/11
to ZiYa Plugin
It looks like everything is set up OK. Or, at least I'm seeing the
correct license key in the xml like so:

<chart>
<license>L1...7EK</license>
</chart>