derailed-ziya gem conflicts with other gems

dkit...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2009, 8:15:08 PM11/19/09
to ZiYa Plugin
Apparently your gem conflicts with others - overriding default string
functionality and breaking it - I'm using the latest version. Is
there anything that can be done?

Fernand Galiana

Nov 19, 2009, 8:30:35 PM11/19/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
Sure - Send me some detailed info and I'll have a look...

-Fernand

Davis Kitchel

Nov 19, 2009, 8:46:19 PM11/19/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
The first issue I'm having with Ziya was that it overloads the String classes' classify function

Fernand Galiana

Nov 19, 2009, 8:50:08 PM11/19/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
Yes - Good point !!

I am sitting on code that should rectify that issue.

What problems are you seeing with the gem dependencies ? Thought this was resolved in the
latest gem ?

I 'll push an update in a few on gemcutter

Thanks !
Fernand

Fernand Galiana

Nov 19, 2009, 9:16:39 PM11/19/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
K - Tx for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.

Let's try v 2.1.7.

> sudo gem install ziya -v 2.1.7 --source=http://gemcutter.org

Please report back if you're having other issues.

Thanks!
Fernand

Davis Kitchel

Nov 19, 2009, 9:41:33 PM11/19/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
So, if I'm going from the derailed-ziya gem to this error

uninitialized constant Ziya::HtmlHelpers

Davis Kitchel

Nov 19, 2009, 9:55:18 PM11/19/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
nevermind - my bad

Davis Kitchel

Nov 19, 2009, 9:55:38 PM11/19/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
I'll try it out, thanks for the quick turn around!

Fernand Galiana

Nov 19, 2009, 10:01:31 PM11/19/09
to ziya-...@googlegroups.com
No worries - Just hope your experience will improve some...

-Fernand