Debugging Ziya.initialize

Fix Peña

Sep 3, 2009, 4:43:01 PM9/3/09
to ZiYa Plugin
Hi guys,

I'm having this weird issue with Ziya and I was hoping someone could
give me a hand. Everything works great on development/production on a
Windows machine, however, we have this Engine Yard slice running on a
production environment (Linux) where it just won't start. Reading
through the logs, it seems it falls on an infinite loop, loading the
application over and over again. However, there are no Ziya related
error. Requiring 'ziya' and 'logging' on an irb console returns true.
This is a huge application that runs lots of plugins, so it might be
possible one of them is conflicting.

Is there any way I can debug step by step the Ziya.initialize()? How
do I enable the bundled logger? I've searched everywhere but every
example I read uses RAILS_DEFAULT_LOGGER as the logging method.

Also, I've tried with Ziya 2.1.0/2.1.4 and logging 0.9.7 and the
latest.

Any help would be _greatly_ appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Freddy.

DeRailed

Sep 17, 2009, 9:55:48 AM9/17/09
to ZiYa Plugin
Hi Fix,

Sorry for the delay !! I've missed your message....

Are you still having issues ? If so can you send me the log files ?

Thanks
Fernand