Send trace to log4j or slf4j - no forwarding to zipkin server

swami...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2019, 8:04:53 PM4/30/19
to zipkin-user

I am exploring for ways to use Zipkin for Kafka tracing.

I need to add some additional fields for querying.

One major requirement is that I do not want to forward to Zipkin or any other server, a security restriction.

I am trying to find out ways to create span and log stuff in log4j or slf4j.

Our logs are being forwarded to the Splunk server which will enable querying the logs on Splunk correlating using trace ID.

Trying to see if that is possible.

Thanks,

Swami.

Adrian Cole

May 1, 2019, 1:29:17 AM5/1/19
to zipki...@googlegroups.com
If you are using something that works with zipkin-reporter-java (like
brave), you can make a span reporter that does .toString() on the span
collected (it will be json). Then you can choose how it is that you
want to log that.