Welcome Igarashi Takuma to the core team!

Adrian Cole

Jul 5, 2019, 10:18:28 PM7/5/19
to zipki...@googlegroups.com
LINE is an instant messaging platform, and a Zipkin site. Its tracing
team operates from Tokyo. Igarashi-san joined LINE after university,
and took on the task of writing a custom UI to meet the distributed
tracing needs of the company. While some have attempted this in the
past, few have completed a tracing UI.. such a task is a huge
technical and experiential challenge. Mix this with a community that
almost exclusively communicates in English and the challenge is
greater. Despite the odds, Igarashi, and his colleague Huy Do,
delivered an initial work named iMon. We met Igarashi-san and Huy last
October and this started us towards the contribution of our new
UI: Zipkin Lens.

This was not a code drop. While constantly improving Lens,
Igarashi-san helps with not fun tasks in the old UI codebase. Though
he usually has solutions, he asks advice and responds well to
feedback. For example, he has redesigned the search bar several times
based on suggestions from us and folks not on this list, and has done
so with no complaints whatsoever. In fact, every time receiving
feedback, Igarashi-san is polite and thankful. Beyond code,
Igarashi-san has brought Japanese audiences closer to us through
presentations in Japan, for example, at Tokyo and Fukuoka user groups.

Please welcome Igarashi-san (aka tacigar): our most recent member
of the core team!
web-screenshot.png

José Carlos Chávez

Nov 27, 2019, 4:45:35 AM11/27/19
to zipki...@googlegroups.com
I am late to the congratulations but still happy about it. Welcome tacigar!