fence vandalized by my garden

Mihai Cuibus

Sep 28, 2020, 2:05:24 PM9/28/20
to zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Costantini
IMG_3852.JPG
Hello fellow gardiners,

Wanted to inform the community about an act of vandalism by my plot at the Zinsser.

My newly installed wire fence was cut with pliers, the exterior mesh ripped apart.

I am not sure what was the intention of those people who did that. To get access to some of my left overs tomatoes (those not eaten by mirriads of squirrels, birds, chipmunks and rats so far this year) or maybe to cut some sun or zinnia flowers ?

It's regrettable to learn that people these days are coming equipped with sharp cutting tools and vandalizing our gardens.

Best regards,
Mihai Cuibus

Hirshberg, Audrey

Oct 11, 2020, 7:43:06 PM10/11/20
to Mihai Cuibus, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Costantini

Just an fyi my garden was vandalized at the being of the season and they also cut my fence with pliers and stole my watering can.

Oct 11, 2020, 8:47:38 PM10/11/20
to Hirshberg, Audrey, Mihai Cuibus, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com, Anthony Costantini
This is awful. Is it time for remote video cameras?

Frank duPont

Frank duPont | Winton/duPont Films
230 Park Avenue, 3rd FL W
New York, NY 10169
Office: 212-505-5850
Cell: 646-244-9219
wdfilms.com

Shizuko

Nov 17, 2020, 1:33:02 PM11/17/20
to acost...@hastingsgov.org, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow gardeners,

I went to clean up my garden today and discovered that someone has broken in and stolen most of my gardening stakes.. even removing some of them from the structure for my mountain potato vines..
A terrible feeling!!

Just wanted to suggest that if there is anything in your garden of value or importance, you might want to bring it home now.

Stay safe and have a good winter!

Shizuko

Shizuko Aizeki
NYS Licensed Massage Therapist, NCBTMB
(914)621-1129
.
“So I say to you, walk with the wind, brothers and sisters, and let the spirit of peace and the power of everlasting love be your guide."
John Lewis

Beth Shulman

Nov 18, 2020, 9:29:39 AM11/18/20
to Shizuko, acost...@hastingsgov.org, zinsser-comm...@googlegroups.com
So sorry to hear this, Shizuko.
We also had some fencing pulled apart and our door screening was removed. It is so distressing, as we work hard to keep our gardens up.
The more often we all are there, the better for all of us. Please take every opportunity to walk through the garden, even if you are not there to work.
Best,
Beth