Seeds of Time Film at JBFC

Grace m. Ho

Oct 20, 2014, 5:09:06 PM10/20/14
to Zinsser Community Gardens, tcol...@aol.com, Deborah Maier, Marie Paquette, Nancy Balaban, Michele Rafferty
Dear Zinsser Community Gardeners & Friends,
         This is a wonderful film not to be missed if you are interested in saving your seeds and how it impacts our food production and our lives on this planet.
         Jacob Burns Film Center is in Pleasantville, NY and you can buy tickets on-line.
         If anyone is interested in getting a ride to the show with me from Hastings, please let me know.
I'll be leaving by 620pm.   Please call me tomorrow.   420-9989.

          Thanks,
          Grace

Seeds of Time

Thursday, October 23  at 7:15 pm

Q&A filmmaker Sandy McLeod and film subject Cary Fowler
with JBFC Programming Director Brian Acker

Gene banks are crumbling, crops are failing, and the effects of climate
change are felt by farmers around the world. But agricultural pioneer
Cary Fowler is racing against time to preserve crop diversity and protect
the future of our food. His one-man mission to solve a global crisis takes
him from Rome to Russia and, finally, to a remote Arctic island that may
hold the key to saving our seeds—and ultimately our species. This beautiful
film by filmmaker Sandy McCleod is both a call to action and a provocative
essay on the essence of diversity. (Sandy McLeod. 2013. 77 m. NR.)

Thank you for supporting the JBFC Community!

Nonprofit. Film. Education. Community.

For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com/