Editing issue

Adam Lodge

May 14, 2010, 7:44:31 PM5/14/10
to zigGIS
Hi there... I replaced my demo ZigGIS with a purchased version
(purchased today). Editing of postgis layers was working great using
the demo flavor. However, when I updated my installation with the
purchased version, I seem to have lost the ability to insert new
records into the db. Based on the postgres log, I am inclined to
think that the problem is that there is an inconsistency in the way
the data are encoded coming out of ziggis and the encoding expected by
the db. Here is the log entry:
2010-05-14 16:54:46 PDT ERROR: invalid value for parameter
"client_encoding": "IBM-5348_P100-1997"
2010-05-14 16:54:46 PDT STATEMENT: set client_encoding to
'IBM-5348_P100-1997'

Abe Gillespie

May 14, 2010, 8:00:28 PM5/14/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Hmm ... I wonder if this is a difference in the version of the Npgsql
library we use. Did this start happening immediately after you
switched to the full version? Or did you do something in between like
upgrade your version of Postgres / PostGIS?

If it happened immediately, you could try replacing the new version of
Npgsql.dll in the C:\Program Files\Obtuse\zigGIS folder (or wherever
you chose to install it) with the old version. You should keep the
demo and full installers handy in case something goes awry.

-Abe

Abe Gillespie

May 14, 2010, 8:02:20 PM5/14/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and thank you for your purchase! It will be applied to funding
the 3.0 version of zigGIS.

-Abe

Adam Lodge

May 15, 2010, 2:22:19 PM5/15/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Abe,

Thanks for the quick reply. No change other than reintall of zig. Any
chance you email me that dll file? I'll have to uninstall and
reinstall a bunch of times to expose the file for use.

Thanks
Adam

-Adam

On May 14, 2010, at 5:00 PM, Abe Gillespie <abe.gi...@gmail.com>

Adam Lodge

May 17, 2010, 2:50:19 PM5/17/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Abe,

I'm pretty sure now that the issue is not encoding, but rather the zig is not passing in the SRID to go with the insert statement for my point.  check out this pg log entry.

2010-05-17 11:55:36 PDT ERROR:  new row for relation "workorders" violates check constraint "enforce_srid_location"
2010-05-17 11:55:36 PDT STATEMENT:  INSERT INTO "calema"."public"."workorders" ("description", "task", "location", "user", "active") VALUES ('test'::text, 'test'::text, ST_GeomFromEWKT('POINT(-122.75424682873 37.6499602259897)'::text), 1::int4, FALSE::bool)

The layers and data frame properties are all set to the data's common SRID (4326), and my old demo version was working perfectly.  Therefore, I'm thinking its a little bug on the Zig side.  If you could provide me with a little hand-holding today, I'll be able to use the Zig in a state of california emergency exercise tomorrow.   Any help you can provide to resolve this today is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
adam

Abe Gillespie

May 20, 2010, 12:59:36 PM5/20/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Adam,

Have you run / installed the extra ESRI SRIDs properly? You need to
run the srid.sql script. Please consult the readme.txt file for
further details.

-Abe