Zigis demo and support in the future

Sven

Nov 26, 2010, 5:36:53 AM11/26/10
to zigGIS
Hi,
I’m trying to use the demoversion of ziggis (2.03) and have some
questions (the homepage obtusesoft.com is down).
We have some customers who need to work with postgis-layers in Arcgis
9.3 / 9.2.
They want to create new features, edit features and want to delete
features on some postgis tables.
I think they would buy some licenses if it would work, but we can’t
really see if the software works with the actual demo version because
there are some bugs i.e. we don’t see new created Objects in every
scale.
My question:
Is the demoversion 2.03 a "full" version?
Will Ziggis be developed in the future?
Is there any support on the software?
What is the price for a full version?

Sven

xanadont

Dec 1, 2010, 1:21:41 PM12/1/10
to zigGIS
Hello Sven,

First let me apologize for our website. Something has happened to our
server which has caused it to be increasingly unstable. After
fiddling with it for nearly 3 weeks now we still have not figured out
what the issues are. So this weekend I get to go through the most
enjoyable exercise of rebuilding it and moving to a new host.

As for your concerns - as Paolo pointed out - the demo version is 100%
functional only it allows you to work with no more than 100 features.
So the behavior you've experienced is simply due to it being the demo
version.

Future development will continue with a much anticipated 3.0 version.
More details about that can be found here: http://abegillespie.blogspot.com/2010/06/on-to-30.html

The full version for 2.0.5 is $279.

-Abe

Sven

Dec 3, 2010, 4:53:27 AM12/3/10
to zigGIS
Hi,
thank for the reply. Now it works with the demo-version 2.05.
Its possible to read a postgis-table (no numeric and bigint?) and can
add a new feature.
But its not possible for me to edit a feature or to delete one (tried
it with a multipolygon and point-theme.
Any idea?
Thanks
Sven

Paolo Corti

Dec 3, 2010, 6:59:57 AM12/3/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com
> But its not possible for me to edit a feature or to delete one (tried
> it with a multipolygon and point-theme.

For updating existing features (edit, delete) you need to check them out.

Sven

Dec 3, 2010, 7:25:16 AM12/3/10
to zigGIS

> For updating existing features (edit, delete) you need to check them out.

What do you mean with "check them out"?
Sven

Abe Gillespie

Dec 3, 2010, 8:36:34 AM12/3/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com, zigGIS
Sven,

Please read the readme.txt file. It includes info for nearly everything you need to get started. If you still have questions after that then we'll be happy to answer them.

-Abe

Sent from phone. Please excuse brevity and mistakes.