ArcGis 10

Taouss

Jul 2, 2011, 2:30:39 AM7/2/11
to zigGIS
is there any new about ZigGis connecting with ArcGis 10....

xanadont

Jul 2, 2011, 2:50:53 PM7/2/11
to zigGIS
There were rumors from a recent ESRI conference that direct read/write
access with PostGIS (and a number of other spatial DBs) would be
available, natively in ArcGIS with the next point release. If this is
the case then further development of zigGIS is moot. So we're
currently in a holding pattern until more details are available.

Bill, Paolo, has this been confirmed or not?

-Abe

Bill Dollins

Jul 2, 2011, 3:45:32 PM7/2/11
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Abe,

I think this confirms it:

http://events.esri.com/uc/QandA/index.cfm?fuseaction=answer&conferenceId=DD0
2CFE7-1422-2418-7F271831F47A7A31&questionId=3949

Bill Dollins
Zekiah Technologies, Inc.
240.298.3807
bi...@zekiah.com

-Abe

Abe Gillespie

Jul 2, 2011, 4:18:28 PM7/2/11
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately this still doesn't make it crystal clear whether or not
you can edit those datasets. :\ "Direct Access" doesn't necessarily
mean write-access.

-Abe

Bill Dollins

Jul 2, 2011, 5:57:31 PM7/2/11
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Fair enough. I have inquired. I'll keep you posted.

Bill Dollins

Jul 2, 2011, 7:33:16 PM7/2/11
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Abe,

I am told that this will include simple feature editing (like editing a
non-versioned feature class).

Bill Dollins
Zekiah Technologies, Inc.
240.298.3807