problem installing zigGIS

Augustin

Aug 30, 2010, 1:23:33 PM8/30/10
to zigGIS
Hi,
I downloaded the ziggis 2.0.5 demo and I run the installer. All seemed
to work fine, but when I opened ArcMap, I had no ziggis toolbar
available. I'm on Arcgis 9.3.
Thanks for your help

Abe Gillespie

Aug 30, 2010, 1:36:32 PM8/30/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Right-click the toolbar in ArcGIS. You should see "zigGIS" at the
bottom. Failing this the installer probably did not actually install
correctly. Try installing again and see if it reports any errors in
the details.

Another common problem is the ArcObjects .NET libraries are not
installed. But there's a check and usually fails the installer
properly. However, if this is the problem, the readme.txt file has
instructions (see #4).

-Abe

Augustin Roche

Aug 31, 2010, 3:51:11 AM8/31/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I did all what you said, but still no ziggis toolbar available. Maybe it is because I have a French version of ArcGIS ?
Here is the log of installation :

OK: No existing zigGIS install
Checking dependencies...
OK: .Net 2.0 Framework
Output folder: C:\Temp
Extract: gacutil.exe... 100%
Extract: check-ao.bat
Execute: C:\Temp\check-ao.bat
Delete file: C:\Temp\check-ao.out
Delete file: C:\Temp\check-ao.bat
Delete file: C:\Temp\gacutil.exe
OK: ArcObjects
OK: All dependencies
Output folder: C:\Program Files\Obtuse\zigGIS
Created uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Obtuse\zigGIS\uninstall.exe
Extracting files...
Extract: eula.rtf... 100%
Extract: example.zig... 100%
Extract: License.dll... 100%
Extract: Mono.Security.dll... 100%
Extract: Nini.dll... 100%
Extract: Npgsql.dll... 100%
Extract: Obtuse.ZigGis.dll... 100%
Extract: log4net.dll... 100%
Extract: release.txt... 100%
Registering zigGIS...
Output folder: C:\Temp
Extract: RegAsm.exe... 100%
Delete file: C:\Temp\RegAsm.exe
Adding shortcuts...
Create folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\zigGIS
Output folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\zigGIS
Create shortcut: Uninstall.lnk
Create shortcut: release.txt.lnk
Create shortcut: eula.rtf.lnk
Create shortcut: example.zig.lnk
Registering uninstaller...
Start zigging!
Success.

Many thanks,
Augustin

xanadont

Sep 9, 2010, 9:47:07 PM9/9/10
to zigGIS
Your install output is wrong. It should appear similar to below.
Note this missing bit:

"RegAsm : warning RA0000 : Registering an unsigned assembly with /
codebase can cause your assembly to interfere with other applications
that may be installed on the same computer. The /codebase switch is
intended to be used only with signed assemblies. Please give your
assembly a strong name and re-register it.
Types registered successfully"

Ignore the warning, that's OK and is how it should be. Are you
running this on Win7? Please make sure you run as administrator.
That just may be the problem because registering assemblies requires
admin privileges.

OK: No existing zigGIS install
Checking dependencies...
OK: .Net 2.0 Framework
Output folder: C:\Users\abe\AppData\Local\Temp
Extract: gacutil.exe... 100%
Extract: check-ao.bat
Execute: C:\Users\abe\AppData\Local\Temp\check-ao.bat
Delete file: C:\Users\abe\AppData\Local\Temp\check-ao.out
Delete file: C:\Users\abe\AppData\Local\Temp\check-ao.bat
Delete file: C:\Users\abe\AppData\Local\Temp\gacutil.exe
[...]
Delete file: C:\Users\abe\AppData\Local\Temp\RegAsm.exe
Adding shortcuts...
Create folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
\zigGIS
Output folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs