ZigGIS not working with Postgres 9.0

Vaish

Nov 12, 2010, 10:22:31 AM11/12/10
to zigGIS
Hi,

ZigGIS errors out with below message when pointing to a spatial table
in Postgres of version 9.0 .
Postgres 9.0 (32 bit) is installed on a Windows Server 2008. Using
backup and restore process database was copied from postgres 8.4 to
postgres 9.0.

ERROR: 42601: zero-length delimited identifier at or near """".

ZigGIS worked with the same table using postgres version 8.4.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Vaish

Vaish

Nov 12, 2010, 10:27:45 AM11/12/10
to zigGIS
Also, I'm using ArcGIS 9.3 to run Zig GIS.

Thanks,
Vaish

Obe, Regina

Nov 12, 2010, 10:27:39 AM11/12/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com
A lot of people have had trouble with 9.0 with various applications because of the change in bytea output to hex.

You might try doing:
ALTER DATABASE mypostgisdb SET bytea_output='escape';

As described in FAQ:

http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.5/ch03.html#id2632865

I haven't yet tried Zig on 9.0 yet so not absolutely sure its the same issue. I think Safe FME users have complained as well and Safe is making changes to correct the situation. So I guess its not just a java driver issue as I had originally thought when I first came across it.

Hope that helps,
Regina

Obe, Regina

Nov 12, 2010, 10:32:56 AM11/12/10
to zig...@googlegroups.com
Actually you can also try updating the npgsql driver.

http://fxjr.blogspot.com/2010/11/npgsql-2011-released.html

And this FAQ is more up to date -- guess I better update it to include npgsql update as well
http://www.postgis.org/documentation/manual-1.5SVN/ch03.html#id2739368

Vaish

Nov 12, 2010, 10:34:12 AM11/12/10
to zigGIS
I tried ALTER DATABASE but still no luck. get the same error
message.. But thank you for the help.

Thanks,
Vaish