Preparing for 2015 wrap up release :)

Tommi

Jan 4, 2016, 1:33:37 PM1/4/16
to zigbee4java
Happy 2016!

Thank you for all the contributions through 2015.

Lets wrap up all the nice work done and release it. I would really appreciate it if contributors could see that everything is in release order and check out any pending issues in github which could be related to your work.

Once we have all issues covered and code cleaned up we can do release branch, run some testing and release.

Br,
Tommi

Tommi

Jan 4, 2016, 1:55:11 PM1/4/16
to zigbe...@googlegroups.com
Please also check out those pull requests if we should include them to the release.

Br,
Tommi

Tommi

Jan 6, 2016, 3:24:52 AM1/6/16
to zigbee4java
Hi

I have merged the two pull request from Brett and Cristiano. I have also added as collaborators with commit rights to the project. Thank you and be careful when you push things to master.

There is 6 bugs / suspected bugs open to iron out before release candidate time.

Best regards,
Tommi

Tommi

Apr 4, 2016, 1:48:43 PM4/4/16
to zigbee4java
Hi

Bugs seem to be fixed. I am pretty ready for stable release.

Br,
Tommi

Kar Da

Jan 13, 2017, 4:59:08 PM1/13/17
to zigbee4java
Hi Tommi,

I am using TI zigbee dongle with beaglebone for my Home Automation. I am trying to control door lock using the same.
I have created a simple app in C which should control door lock through command line. Now my application is based on linux Z-Stack which in turn depends upon protobuf which C based google's buffer transfer scheme.
But unfortunately my door doesn't respond to the command I sent.
While going over some online stuff I found zigbee4java repo.
Now my question is do you have any references for CC2531 based dongle in C/C++? Since JAVA is not my primary language it is little difficult to understand some part of the code.
All I have is generic Z-Stack API document. So it would be really helpful if you could point out some references/resources for the same.

Thank you for your time

Thanks,
Kar

Tommi Laukkanen

Jan 14, 2017, 4:00:03 AM1/14/17
to Kar Da, zigbee4java
Hi

It might be good idea to get network sniffer so you can see what is happening in the air. I would check from configuration if the lock only responds to specific channel for instance and see that the dongle is initialized in the same channel. You can read the FAQ in this group for some tips that apply also to C world (like the channel part).

You can also use zigbee4java console to see if you can get connection to the device even if you are not planning to code with Java.

Br,
Tommi

Kartik Daiya

Jan 14, 2017, 11:51:17 PM1/14/17
to Tommi Laukkanen, zigbee4java
Aha I'll have to check about the specific channel since I thought lock should work with any of them.

I will try to setup JAVA environment and see if my lock actually works meanwhile I'll order another CC2531 for the sniffer.

Thank you for your timely reply and all of your suggestion.

Thanks,
Kartik