Distributed home automation system

Tommi

Jan 10, 2016, 2:29:39 AM1/10/16
to zigbee4java
Hi

Sorry for slightly off topic discussion.

I am thinking about setting up distributed home automation setup for home. It would be nice if it were open source and TCP/IP communication between components were JSON/TSL with mutual certificate authentication.

Have you spotted such projects out there? If not are you interested in contributing or do you see / have need for this kind of project?

Comments much appreciated :).

Best regards,
Tommi

mauro.c...@gmail.com

May 17, 2016, 10:26:41 AM5/17/16
to zigbee4java
Hi Tommy
have you find a solution for your home automation setup?

Bests
Mauro

Tommi

May 17, 2016, 2:27:47 PM5/17/16
to zigbee4java
Hi Mauro

Not really, still looking / considering writing something compact for my home. Do you have something in mind or looking for similar solution?

-Tommi

mauro.c...@gmail.com

May 18, 2016, 4:17:39 AM5/18/16
to zigbee4java
I don't know if you remember but I'm one of the developers of Freedomotic, an open source java framework.

We are thinking to extend our plugins base including Zigbee protocol so I landed on this group and found your message.
We developed an API xml/json to interact with our framework.
It requires some improvements but it's a starting poing.

Mauro