ZNP link key join

Srikanth R

Jul 21, 2016, 4:04:51 AM7/21/16
to zigbee4java
Hi All,

Does this API support CC2531 znp link key join profile?
For this, we should be able to write link key (global or unique) to non volatile memory of CC2531. Can you please point out the function which does NV read/write in this API.

Also, is this API used anywhere in production?

Regards

Tommi Laukkanen

Jul 21, 2016, 3:24:49 PM7/21/16
to Srikanth R, zigbee4java
Hi

By default the firmware indicated in readme uses the global link key. Could you elaborate what you mean by NV read/write.

I do not know about the production status of other projects utilising zigbee4java. I am using zigbee4java for my personal projects. Anyone want to comment about their projects?

Best regards,
Tommi

Best regards,
Tommi Laukkanen

Srikanth R

Jul 22, 2016, 12:08:27 AM7/22/16
to zigbee4java, srikan...@gmail.com

Hi,

I wanted to confirm whether API is compatible with firmware CC2531ZNP-Pro-Secure_LinkKeyJoin.hex apart from CC2531ZNP-Pro-Secure_Standard.hex

By default both firmwares use default global key. But, I wanted to change the key in my application to enhance the security as default key(ZigbeeAlliance09) is know to everybody
In order to change the key, I need to write a new key to specified non volatile memory location of CC2531

Regards
Srikanth

Tommi Laukkanen

Jul 22, 2016, 4:07:18 AM7/22/16
to Srikanth R, zigbee4java

Hi

My recollection is that ZNP serial interface supports setting link key the same way network key is set (This need to be checked from specification though). We would need to expose this functionality to ZigBee API which is 1-2 hours work max.

Best regards,
Tommi

mat...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2017, 8:35:47 PM3/23/17
to zigbee4java, srikan...@gmail.com
Did anything ever come of this, I'd be interested to know what ZDO does this.