Error: Configuration with name 'default' not found

mpb...@iol.it

Sep 13, 2017, 11:57:53 AM9/13/17
to zigbee4java
Hi everybody,
this is the 4th day that i try to install zigbee4java on Android Studio with no luck.
First I tried to import the project on my Android Studio 2.3.1 but the Sync fail with the message

Error: Configuration with name 'default' not found

I read that there is a problem with Gradle 3.0 so I tried to use a local Gradle distribution using 2.2.1 but I had the same error.
So I uninstall my Android Studio 2.3.1 and installed an old version of Android Studio1.1 with Gradle 2.2.1 but again the same error.

What I am doing wrong? Really I do not change anything in the file downloaded so Why?

I hope somebody can help me.

Thank You

Marco

Marco Perrone

Sep 14, 2017, 9:07:34 AM9/14/17
to zigbee4java

Finally I solved the problem.
I don't say that all my steps are necessary but this is what I did,
Simply I uninstall all Android Studio and all the Android folders under ..\Users\userName\ and under \Users\userName\AppData\Local\Android.
This to be sure to have a clean installation.
After I install Android Studio 2.3.1 patch to 2.3.3 than downloaded necessary Android API (API 21 in my case).
Then in File-> Settings-> Gradle I checked "Use local Gradle distribution" where mi distribution is gradle-2.2.1 At the end I select Import Gradle Project from the Android Studio Start Menu and no Gradle error message appear and everything seem to be imported correctly.

My opinion is that, the first time I tried to import the project using Gradle 3.2. I suppose some files and folder was generated not correctly, so when I tried to use the correct Gradle version the import not work properly.
When I delete everything and used the correct Gradle version the import was successful.

Best Regards

peter....@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2018, 11:56:19 PM9/12/18
to zigbee4java
mpb...@iol.it於 2017年9月13日星期三 UTC+8下午11時57分53秒寫道:
Hi Marco,

Did you fix the issue? How if yes? Thanks.

Peter.