online-offline status

Pavlo Pryimak

Jul 15, 2016, 6:20:49 AM7/15/16
to zigbe...@googlegroups.com, tommi.s.e...@gmail.com
Hello, I have few questions regarding zigbee4java.

Currently we are working with zigbee on-off light. When lamp is on, we have no problem to connect to it and to operate its capabilities (on-off and brightness).
We decided to make status about availability of lamp (something like 3-d capability - "online"-"offline").
And here we have some problems. After lamp is switching off from rosette, we are receiving next exception during polling:

org.bubblecloud.zigbee.api.cluster.impl.api.core.ZigBeeClusterException: Read Attribute 0 failed due to: org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.ZigBeeNetworkManagerException: Unable to send cluster on the ZigBee network due to: Z_MAC_NO_ACK(233) (null)
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.api.cluster.impl.core.AttributeImpl.doClusterWideRead(AttributeImpl.java:185) ~[ZigBeeDevicesAPI-2.3.18.jar:?]
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.api.cluster.impl.core.AttributeImpl.getValue(AttributeImpl.java:108) ~[ZigBeeDevicesAPI-2.3.18.jar:?]
at com.vz.gw.device.zigbee.ZigBeeOnOffLight$1.run(ZigBeeOnOffLight.java:68) [ZigBeeDevicesAPI-2.3.18.jar:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_65]

Z_MAC_NO_ACK code looks good and clear.

But when we switch the lamp on (back after switching off), then we have some problems with lamp communications.
Almost always we see next timeout error:

ERROR ZigBeeOnOffLight:55 - ERROR:
org.bubblecloud.zigbee.api.ZigBeeDeviceException: org.bubblecloud.zigbee.api.cluster.impl.api.core.ZigBeeClusterException: Read Attribute 0 failed due to: org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.ZigBeeBasedriverTimeOutException: Timeout expired before receiving any data
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.api.cluster.impl.OnOffImpl.getOnOff(OnOffImpl.java:64) ~[ZigBeeDevicesAPI-2.3.18.jar:?]
at com.vz.gw.device.zigbee.ZigBeeOnOffLight$1.run(ZigBeeOnOffLight.java:52) [ZigBeeDevicesAPI-2.3.18.jar:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_65]
Caused by: org.bubblecloud.zigbee.api.cluster.impl.api.core.ZigBeeClusterException: Read Attribute 0 failed due to: org.bubblecloud.zigbee.network.impl.ZigBeeBasedriverTimeOutException: Timeout expired before receiving any data
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.api.cluster.impl.core.AttributeImpl.doClusterWideRead(AttributeImpl.java:185) ~[?:?]
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.api.cluster.impl.core.AttributeImpl.getValue(AttributeImpl.java:108) ~[?:?]
at org.bubblecloud.zigbee.api.cluster.impl.OnOffImpl.getOnOff(OnOffImpl.java:61) ~[?:?]
... 2 more

Setting proprties actually works but with different pauses and the above exception.
We tried to sent org.bubblecloud.zigbee.v3.zcl.protocol.command.commissioning.RestartDeviceCommand but it didn't help.

Interestingly, but after restarting of all application the lamp communication comes back to normal.

Please, tell me, maybe you have experienced something similar. Or we are doing something wrong.

Thanks for any response.

With regards, Pavlo Pryimak.

-- реклама -----------------------------------------------------------
Дистанционный курс MINI-MBA. Акционная скидка 68%
Цена 7800 грн. http://goo.gl/1dpFdJ

Tommi

Jul 15, 2016, 10:51:24 AM7/15/16
to zigbee4java, tommi.s.e...@gmail.com, Pry...@i.ua
Hi Pavlo

You could try the new 3.0.1 API to see if the problem persists. The code for reading attributes etc. have been somewhat simplified and this may have solved the timeout problem.

The new imports and examples are available in the github readme:

It sounds like you are switching off the lamps physically and not with ZigBee On Off cluster? If you use ZigBee cluster for switching the lamp off it should remain in the network otherwise you can not switch it on with the same cluster.

Best regards,
Tommi