Fwd: [Wiki-research-l] Wikimedia stewards and "What the weirdest, wildest, most successful participatory project in history tells us about working together"

Nov 7, 2014, 6:09:43 AM11/7/14
to zh_wik...@googlegroups.com
談Stewards談Wikipedia

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pine W <wiki...@gmail.com>
Date: 2014-11-07 8:56 GMT+01:00
Subject: [Wiki-research-l] Wikimedia stewards and "What the weirdest, wildest, most successful participatory project in history tells us about working together"

I've had a number of discussions with our stewards over the years. Many of them are dedicated, polite, clever, and highly sophisticated in the ways of the Wiki. They get no pay and little glory for their delicate work, and we often take their availability for granted. The title of this article [1], "The 36 People Who Run Wikipedia: What the weirdest, wildest, most successful participatory project in history tells us about working together" overstates the stewards' influence a bit, but I enjoyed reading the article and think that other Wikimedians might also.

To our stewards: thank you.

Pine

[1] https://medium.com/matter/the-36-people-who-run-wikipedia-21ecca70bcca