Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Marc

não lida,
21 de jul. de 2014, 08:12:5821/07/2014
para zfs-...@googlegroups.com
According to SMARTReporter, they claim there is a bug that prevents them from working:

> i believe you are using OpenZFS. we have added support for Zevo ZFS. there is a known limitation in OpenZFS that affects us and other products ( https://openzfsonosx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1755 ). i believe if they fix it, it should work.

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 11:44 AM, <zfs-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/zfs-macos/topics

    Marc Mosko <incerto...@gmail.com> Jul 20 09:14AM -0700

    hello,

    New mac ifs user here! I have 3x Seagate ST3000DM001 in a RaidZ1 on a Mac
    Pro (mid 2012), all in internal drive slots.

    SMARTReporter sees my boot drive (flash) and an external USB drive and "1
    disks(s) not SMART capable" which I assume is the zfs drive (not the dvd).

    Is there anything special that needs to be done to a zfs pool for SMART
    monitoring?

    I created the pool following the quicks start guide, creating a ZFS
    partition then adding those partitions to a raidz.

    Also, what are the "read / write / cksum" columns from "zpool status"? The
    man page does not describe them.

    Thank you

    big:~ mmosko$ zpool list

    NAME SIZE USED AVAIL CAP HEALTH ALTROOT

    lucky 8.19T 699G 7.50T 8% ONLINE -

    big:~ mmosko$ zpool get all lucky

    NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE

    lucky bootfs - default

    lucky autoreplace off default

    lucky delegation off default

    lucky ashift 0 default

    big:~ mmosko$ zpool status lucky

    pool: lucky

    state: ONLINE

    scrub: none requested

    config:

    NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM

    lucky ONLINE 0 0 0

    raidz1 ONLINE 0 0 0

    disk1s2 ONLINE 0 0 0

    disk2s2 ONLINE 0 0 0

    disk3s2 ONLINE 0 0 0

    errors: No known data errors

    Graham Perrin <graham...@gmail.com> Jul 20 11:03AM -0700

    As far as I know, a choice of file system (or storage system) should not
    affect whether the operating system can work with S.M.A.R.T.-capable
    hardware.

    Whilst I'm not very familiar with SMARTReporter, I'm surprised that it
    appears to not find S.M.A.R.T. capability for any of the three internal
    drives.

    That said, you might find the following of interest:

    kasbert <https://github.com/kasbert>/*OS-X-SAT-SMART-Driver
    <https://github.com/kasbert/OS-X-SAT-SMART-Driver>*

    – try the 0.9 release, restart the Mac then see whether Disk Utility and/or
    SMARTReporter treat the three drives as supporting S.M.A.R.T..

Jason Belec

não lida,
21 de jul. de 2014, 09:56:4421/07/2014
para zfs-...@googlegroups.com
Software does not always work with other software and/or hardware, this is neither a limitation or a feature, just reality of needs.

If enough people use SmartReporter or similar tools for whatever reasons, someone will probably take the time to update the OpenZFS code.

You can open a ticket if you can provide more detail and eventually I'm sure the issue will be resolved.

Jason
Sent from my iPhone 5S
--

---