Official latest stable mac-zfs

John Albietz

Dec 19, 2014, 5:17:54 PM12/19/14
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
I'm a long-time ZFS on Linux user and I'm trying to get zfs on osx working for my dev laptop.

From looking at the google code pages, I was able to find that the latest package is MacZFS-74.3.3 :

I wasn't able to find a more recent packaged version. Is this correct?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction here. I'm happy to help update the docs if that'd be useful, since
it was hard to even find that package linked above due to broken links.

- John

X Bytor

Dec 19, 2014, 5:46:31 PM12/19/14
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 4:17 PM, John Albietz <inthec...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm a long-time ZFS on Linux user and I'm trying to get zfs on osx working for my dev laptop.

From looking at the google code pages, I was able to find that the latest package is MacZFS-74.3.3 :

I wasn't able to find a more recent packaged version. Is this correct?

MacZFS is no longer being worked on. All effort is being spent on https://openzfsonosx.org.
It's very stable, more/newer features, but it doesn't have native zfs/nfs support. You should be able to use nfsd(8) to get that working.

-X