Question about MacZFS with TrueCrypt for encrypting Macintosh home directory

zfs_question_asker

May 4, 2014, 7:09:09 PM5/4/14
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I'm trying to encrypt the home directory on my OS X.9 Mavericks Hackintosh using TrueCrypt and MacZFS as detailed on the following web page ( http://frugalcomputing.blogspot.com/2012/09/securing-your-hackintosh.html ), but I'm having problems doing so and I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me.  As you may know, implementing full disk encryption via apps such as FileVault 2 is not possible on a Hackintosh.   I'm hoping to more or less mimic the functionality of the Legacy Filevault (the original non-full disk encrypting version.)

The syntax for some of the commands that are listed on the page I supplied are apparently incorrect, for example they instruct to type "spool" when actually the command seems to be "zpool"!    Also, what role is the MacZFS even playing in the process that they show on that page?  Do the instructions on that page look viable for encrypting the home directory on a Mac? I have not been able to find any other information anywhere else about doing this.

Thanks in advance.