zfs-fuse continues to be a superior recovery alternative to ZoL (Was: Fwd: "zfs rollback" hanged -- what to do?)

Durval Menezes

Dec 14, 2014, 1:07:51 PM12/14/14
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Z-F folks,

Cross-posting here in case anyone's interested.

Cheers,
--
   Durval.

Dec 14, 2014, 1:11:51 PM12/14/14
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
That means there is clearly a bug in ZoL that isn't in zfs-fuse. I don't suppose you happen to have gathered any data that might provide insight exactly where the bug might be?

Durval Menezes

Dec 14, 2014, 2:02:15 PM12/14/14
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gordan,

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 4:11 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan...@gmail.com> wrote:
That means there is clearly a bug in ZoL that isn't in zfs-fuse.

It would not have been the first. Pound for pound, ZoL is giving me much more headaches than zfs-fuse ever did.

I don't suppose you happen to have gathered any data that might provide insight exactly where the bug might be?

No -- unfortunately, I'm in a hurry today: have a plane to catch in less than 2h from now, and I'm still packing up.

But perhaps I can try to reproduce it later.

Cheers,
--
   Durval.