zfs-fuse dracut

Gordan Bobic

Jun 9, 2015, 6:09:09 PM6/9/15
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com, General discussion - ask questions, receive answers and advice from other ZFS users, deve...@open-zfs.org
I have modified the ZoL dracut module so it works with zfs-fuse. So if you wanted to be able to use zfs-fuse with a normal initrd with standard interoperability (e.g. have the initrd rebuilt automatically on kernel upgrades), now you can!

I am using this on my ARM Chromebook running RedSleeve 7. You can find the code here:

zfs-fuse-dracut:
https://github.com/gordan-bobic/zfs-fuse-dracut

zfs-fuse:
https://github.com/gordan-bobic/zfs-fuse
This is a fork of Emmanuel's branch that includes support for pool versions up to and including v26.

It includes:
1) Latest modifications I made to improve systemd interoperability.
2) Some out of tree patches that that have been shipping with Fedora and Debian

It does not yet include any backported patches from Seth's zfs-fuse github tree as I have not yet had time to review the patches since the repository divergence.

If this is of use to you (e.g. users of 32-bit systems, those stuck with binary-only license-violating ARM kernels that do ship with fuse), enjoy. Please test and let me know if you find any problems.

A question for the ZoL developers - could you please tell me what is the licence on the zfs-dracut stuff?

Many thanks.

Gordan