Re: Email notification zfs-fuse

sgheeren

Jul 22, 2012, 5:57:37 AM7/22/12
to Manuel Amador (Rudd-O), zfs-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, stenographic answer for speed:

On 12-03-12 11:17, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
> I think the repo you created is awesome and you should use it.
> Whatever you prefer.
I'd be fine if you rolled up the original git repo, and we'll keep on
using that on github.com:zfs-fuse/zfs-fuse.git

The bug tracker could be exported (to XML)? I'd be happy if you did.
I'll see about uploading it to Github if needed

Accounts: I could see the whole operation being moved to github.
Otherwise, just create new accounts and email the holders?

Cheers,
Seth

Manuel Amador

Jul 22, 2012, 6:22:53 AM7/22/12
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com, sgheeren
I will export the bug tracker to XML and send it to you.

I need you to give me an email address for the webmaster at zfs-fuse that you
know for sure will receive emails from the website (Both contact form and
administrivia). My server is clearly not the mail exchanger, so you need to
provision that (sehe.nl seems to be the exchanger).

I don't know what you mean by "rolling up the original git repo". I would
rather just point people to the git repo currently in github/zfs-fuse/zfs-
fuse. I will just summarily ignore the gitweb as I assume it is obsolete.
This means migrating the download links away from gitweb. I will do that, so
long as the official git repo has the appropriate tags. I trust you will give
me the correct tags for 0.6.9 and 0.7.0 that will correspond to the gitweb
tags.

Accounts: I need you and the others to register with the new web site so you
can help maintain the page and add more info. The page is turning into a ZFS
community type of thing, integrating other ZFS-related projects beyond ZFS-
FUSE, to increase the relevance of ZFS in these days.

I was frankly hoping for more detailed answers to the issues I raised. It's
hard to run a project Web site when the people behind the code are AWOL.
--
Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
http://rudd-o.com/

sgheeren

Jan 15, 2014, 8:38:57 PM1/15/14
to Manuel Amador (Rudd-O), zfs-...@googlegroups.com
Just to confirm:

The ruddo.com Zfs-fuse site has since been moved to /dev/null?

Since, in that case I might as well stop paying for the domain
registration :)

Cheers,
Seth

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)

Jan 17, 2014, 8:43:42 PM1/17/14
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
It appears that the HTTP server running it is dead.

I have a copy of the Web site that I can give you, but otherwise the
site is dead.

Emmanuel Anne

Jan 18, 2014, 9:48:28 AM1/18/14
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
And I can host a copy if someone needs it, but I wouldn't pay a dns domain for it, it would just be a sub domain.