New Repository on Github

Gordan Bobic

May 27, 2015, 4:30:31 PM5/27/15
to zfs-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This list seems to have been a little too quiet of late, so I took the liberty of cloning the git repository to github. It can be found here:

https://github.com/gordan-bobic/zfs-fuse

No offence is intended to Emmanuel and other contributors. I am merely concerned that what happened to the original zfs-fuse repository and bug tracker on zfs-fuse.net could possibly happen again, so it made sense to put it all into an additional place. It will hopefully also make it easier when and if others to create pull requests when they contribute patches.

I tried to do some kind of an assessment on the discrepancy that Emmanuel suggested might exist due to the forking point having happened a little before the 0.7.0 official release, but Emmanual's git master branch is about 20K lines of code ahead of the 0.7.0 release, so I am not at all convinced that any extensive comparison would be meaningful. In light of that and the fact that there have been no core changes in 0.7.0 that the various distros are sleepwalking on with, and the fact that Emmanuel's branch is the only one with pool v26 support, I think that is the only branch worth even looking at.

I have also added a few very minor patches that Fedora is shipping with.

I don't suppose anyone happens to have a patch that adds support for pool v28 in their back pocket? ;-)

Gordan