COOLNow Methane Action Webinar - Join us for a discussion

Chris

Apr 11, 2022, 12:23:13 PM4/11/22
to GreenYes, ZWIA, Zero Waste San Diego

Hello Everyone,

As much as 35% of food is wasted. Grocery stores and restaurants often bin perfectly edible food. Much of what goes into landfills could be composted. Filling bellies and reducing methane emissions are goals of the twin Zero Food Waste and COMPOST Acts of 2021.

Join us this Wednesday as we discuss how to bring about change on local, state and federal levels to achieve these goals. This will be mostly discussion.

Please come prepared to introduce yourself, tell us what’s happening in your community and offer suggestions for how we can move forward.

Chris

COOLNow Logo

Growing The Movement

Compostable Organics Out Of Landfill (COOLNow)

April 13, 2022, 12 - 2pm EST
9 - 11am PST, Zoom

Click here to register!

About Half of Discards are Compostable

The Compostable Organics Out Of Landfill (COOLNow) Chair Richard Anthony invites compost and resource management professionals and community organizers to attend this urgent call to action.

We will discuss current initiatives, brainstorm and plan Spring activities, monthly state or regional virtual meetings and quarterly network meetings.

This campaign will support local organizers in expanding their programs to remanage organics out of landfills and into composting facilities in order to reduce methane emissions and promote healthy soils.

Find out more about COOLNow!

Advisors:

  • Richard Anthony, Vice President Of Advocacy, Zero Waste USA, President, Zero Waste International Alliance (ZWIA), Principal, Zero Waste Associates, San Diego CA
  • Sally Brown, Research Associate Professor, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
  • Stuart Buckner, Buckner Environmental Associates, Ronkonkoma,, NY
  • Peter Anderson, President of RecycleWorlds Consulting and Executive Director, Center for a Competitive Waste Industry, Madison, WI
  • Kevin Drew, Carbon Positive Futures and Zero Waste Coordinator, San Francisco Department of Environment, Petaluma, CA

Staff:

  • Chris Sparnicht, Program Manager
  • Portia Sinnott, Program Director Zero Waste USA

Click here to register!

Organized by COOLNow Chair Richard Anthony of Zero Waste USA and the National Recycling Coalition Board.

Brought to you by Zero Waste USA

Zero Waste USA Logo

image001.jpg
image002.jpg