Action Needed: Support San Diego Municipal Code Revisions Allowing Citizens To Compost At Home & In Their Neighborhoods

Laura Anthony

Feb 1, 2023, 11:05:41 PM2/1/23
to zerowa...@googlegroups.com
***Action Needed: Support the Change of the San Diego Municipal Code***

Revise San Diego Municipal Code to end penalties on citizens composting at home and in their neighborhoods.

Currently, there is no process for home-based composters and self-haulers to opt-out or request a waiver from the mandatory hauler-provided green organics bin. The hauler’s smallest green bin (32 gallon cart) is too big for the average household and takes away valuable soil-building nutrients from our communities. Food2Soil is asking San Diego City Council to revise certain sections of the municipal code to make organics recycling fair, inclusive and open to competition. We hope you will support us by signing the letter proposing revisions to the San Diego Municipal Code. Citizens should be allowed the choice to compost onsite, in their neighborhoods, and with CRMC's!

Go to https://www.food2soil.net/policy.html for a detailed explanation of the issue at hand and to sign the letter showing your support.