The amazondrive link at the hotel

Adrian Leonard

Jun 13, 2024, 1:54:44 PMJun 13
to zeptrade
Now I know I can get a bit worked up over this, but templeton2 has basically copied the contents and uploaded to mega and posted it at the hotel. Now I don't recognise the name, any ideas? Was he a member here under a different name?

Brian......thebolts@shaw.ca

Jun 13, 2024, 3:00:24 PMJun 13
to zeptrade
Kind of a brazen move without some form of permission....

Adrian Leonard

Jun 13, 2024, 3:04:26 PMJun 13
to Brian......thebolts@shaw.ca, zeptrade
Yes, the hotel is RO. He's saying he got the original link, bookmarked it and now posting it for everyone at the hotel and of course everyone else🙄

This is what Steve and me disagreed about, and I have been proven right everytime it has leaked out.

Jim Novosel

Jun 13, 2024, 3:07:28 PMJun 13
to Brian......thebolts@shaw.ca, zeptrade
Not sure who he is. I responded to his post when he said, “I’m not exactly sure where I got the link“. I told him he would have had to of gotten the link from Steve unless somebody portrayed Steve’s trust and gave it to him. I’ll be curious to see how he responds.

Sent from Jim Novosel's iPhone

On Thursday, June 13, 2024 at 11:54:44 AM UTC-6 adri...@gmail.com wrote:
Now I know I can get a bit worked up over this, but templeton2 has basically copied the contents and uploaded to mega and posted it at the hotel. Now I don't recognise the name, any ideas? Was he a member here under a different name?

Fabs

Jun 13, 2024, 3:50:20 PMJun 13
to Brian......thebolts@shaw.ca, Adrian Leonard, zeptrade
Guys, about that and the other thread about the drive.
At moment I can´t help because I am unemployed but as soon as I can I would like to help with to get the drive back, in some way or another.

Adrian Leonard

Jun 13, 2024, 3:59:31 PMJun 13
to Fabs, Brian......thebolts@shaw.ca, zeptrade
Thanks for the offer but amazon closed their cloud services so it's gone.

Paul Feldman

Jun 13, 2024, 5:04:43 PMJun 13
to Jim Novosel, Brian......thebolts@shaw.ca, zeptrade
Certainly not me. I would only give them cunts at the Hotel a bag of dog shit in a brown paper bag.

Jose Alberto Muñoz Flores

Jun 13, 2024, 5:09:30 PMJun 13
to Adrian Leonard, Brian......thebolts@shaw.ca, zeptrade
I havent enter RO for a long time ... i am listeting to Kreator in this months , where is the post? So i can see it a deep respond.

JAMF

Who is Templenton? And by Hotel are you reffering to RO?
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2024 11:54:44 AM
To: zeptrade <zept...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: The amazondrive link at the hotel

Now I know I can get a bit worked up over this, but templeton2 has basically copied the contents and uploaded to mega and posted it at the hotel. Now I don't recognise the name, any ideas? Was he a member here under a different name?

Jim Novosel

Jun 13, 2024, 7:08:54 PMJun 13
to Jose Alberto Muñoz Flores, Adrian Leonard, zeptrade
I have no idea who Templeton is but yes, he is talking about RO.

Sent from Jim Novosel's iPhone

pje...@charter.net

Jun 13, 2024, 7:17:27 PMJun 13
to Adrian Leonard, zeptrade

Interesting.. I have never had any dealings with templeton2 nor do I know anything about him/her. Looks like anything that has been posted by templeton2 over at RO has been a mega link though.

Jerry

Jun 14, 2024, 4:18:08 AMJun 14
to Jerry Papanek, zeptrade
Well the links have gone from the hotel, I got pm'd with an apology, an admission that he got them from outside of the hotel, but he has continued to upload to mega asking me whether he should delete them.

What do you think?

Matt Hughes

Jun 14, 2024, 6:38:11 AMJun 14
to Adrian Leonard, Jerry Papanek, zeptrade
Just my two cents….

I think where he got them shows that most likely (hopefully) his intent wasn’t to shared privileged files and content. That being said he still is and I think he should do the right thing and pull them. It just a matter of principal that he is sharing something that he wasn’t supposed to, knowingly or not.

Matt Hughes
"It's where the ones who came before, they paid it with their lives
They gave their souls to Rock n Roll, I'm gonna rock until I die"

Adrian Leonard

Jun 14, 2024, 6:58:01 AMJun 14
to Matt Hughes, Jerry Papanek, zeptrade
Well I have replied, as he is paying for mega he can go ahead and do what he wants, I'm not happy with lifting the content as he did from outside of the hotel and have told him, i cant exactly stop him. I have tried to explain as best as i can and also the very big risks in publishing the links, the additional costs in quota mega applies. Also the many errors etc that exist on the contents.

It's not any easy task creating an archive and maintaining it, on mega it can be expensive, the majority don't understand.

He did say instead of folders it will be links, but then most people have the content already, so just a waste of time imo.

If he proceeds he may get a lot of thanks but the opposite may also happen, watch this space I guess.

Jim Novosel

Jun 14, 2024, 8:11:30 AMJun 14
to Adrian Leonard, Matt Hughes, Jerry Papanek, zeptrade
Adrian he literally sent me the same PM. I told him the exact same thing; you shouldn’t be posting this and then he sends me a reply with a link. Like you said he is just not getting it.

Sent from Jim Novosel's iPhone

Adrian Leonard

Jun 14, 2024, 10:00:21 AMJun 14
to Jim Novosel, Matt Hughes, Jerry Papanek, zeptrade
The links have been pulled, he was using multiple free accounts linked to a single newly created Gmail account, so not even paid for.

Adrian Leonard

Jun 27, 2024, 3:33:17 PMJun 27
to Jim Novosel, zeptrade
And that is one reason Jim Sirigos was never a member of the group, a complete idiot.

You may have noticed Steve never interacted with him at RO.

There are also other reasons Steve never invited him but that's for another day, even though he got frequently pestered to do so.

On Fri, 14 Jun 2024, 15:31 Jim Novosel, <novos...@verizon.net> wrote:
Good to hear.

Sent from Jim Novosel's iPhone

juxtiphi

Jun 27, 2024, 7:05:48 PMJun 27
to Adrian Leonard, Jim Novosel, zeptrade
It's like that old shampoo commercial where one person tells two friends and they tell two friends and so on and so on. I've been on the net for 25 years and I have come to the conclusion that whatever you want is on the web and all you have to do is find it. Sometimes it comes with permission and sometimes it doesn't.  I don't think I want to get worked up about it any more. But it is a shame that some people end up ruining it for the majority.