Zenoss 4.2.5 - ZEP errors

Sam Nirmal

Apr 23, 2024, 6:48:24 PMApr 23
to Zenoss Core
Hello,

I've seeing these errors in ZEP log occurring lately. These errors are not frequent though.

2024-04-23T04:34:46.921 [qtp331781542-12 - http://localhost:8084/zeneventserver/api/1.0/events/] ERROR org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher - Failed executing POST /1.0/ev
ents/org.jboss.resteasy.spi.WriterException: org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException
Caused by: java.nio.channels.ClosedChannelException: null

When above error occurs,  ZEP stdio log file gets generated which has following messages in it.

2024-04-23 04:34:46.921:WARN:oejs.Response:Committed before 500 org.eclipse.jetty.io.EofException
2024-04-23 04:34:46.922:WARN:oejs.ServletHandler:/zeneventserver/api/1.0/events/java.lang.IllegalStateException: Committed

Has anyone seen this before? I suspect maybe a problem with zope but not sure.  I can share the full trace if needed.

Thanks

Jane Curry

Apr 24, 2024, 4:18:59 AMApr 24
to Zenoss Core
Hi Sam,
Not sure I've seen this exact message but I think they are from zeneventserver, rather than Zope.  zeneventserver is written in java (one of very few) and I know it is based on jetty (which I see in your log).
My guess is that this is a timing glitch when zeneventserver is writing to the zep database.  Personally I would ignore it  and hope for the best ;) if it is infrequent.  You might also see if you can determine whether these messages match with an event storm of some sort when zeneventserver might be particularly stressed.

Cheers,
Jane

Sam Nirmal

Apr 26, 2024, 12:47:15 PMApr 26
to Zenoss Core
Yes, it does seem that these errors occur at the time of incoming event flood. So probably it caused stress on the zeneventserver as you said.

Thank you Jane!