Zenoss CentOS 8 / Rocky Linux

brent22z

Jun 13, 2022, 3:59:29 PM6/13/22
to Zenoss Core
Hello.  A few months ago I started looking at options for upgrading a Zenoss 4.2.4 / CentOS 5 appliance.  This environment mostly runs without issue, but running CentOS 5 is raising some security concerns.  I figured I would readily find a pathway to installing Zenoss on Rocky Linux, but after digging, and digging, and digging, I now see that Zenoss has broken the links to a lot of reference material.  It doesn't make sense to me to run Zenoss on a CentOS 7 appliance when EOL date for CentOS 7 is 2 years away.  Can anyone point me to any guide might be a starting point to install the latest Zenoss on CentOS 8 from source?   I I have read several posts that indicate Zenoss is not compatible with CentOS 8, but since the currently published image is based on CentOS 7, that says to me it should be possible to get it working on CentOS 8/Rocky Linux.  Thanks.