Zenoss ZenPack Creation Training Videos

Manuel Deschambault

Sep 8, 2022, 11:51:33 AM9/8/22
to Zenoss Core
About a decade ago, Chet Lutner (hope I have the name right), created a 4 day-long training session for creating ZenPacks in Zenoss 4 and made video recordings of this.

Has Zenoss ever updated this for Zenoss 6?

Manuel

Jane Curry

Sep 8, 2022, 1:03:30 PM9/8/22
to Zenoss Core
Defintely not as far as I am aware of (but it almost certainly was Chet).

Personally, I find developing ZenPacks in a Zenoss 6 environment, exceedingly hard.  You spend so much time attaching to appropriate containers to see log files / test files / whatever.  For anything non-trivial, I would probably start development in a Zenoss 4 environment until fairly well tested and then move to a Zenoss 6.  Not ideal.
Cheers,
Jane