The Zenoss wiki has currently vanished!

Jane Curry

Aug 1, 2022, 1:50:24 PM8/1/22
to Zenoss Core
The Zenoss wiki at http://wiki.zenoss.org   has been replaced with a rediect to the current Zenoss developer's page at https://www.zenoss.com/developer and does NOT contain the wealth of hints, tips and scripts that the community donated to the wiki.

When the old forum was announced as closing (in the News and Updates part of the forum which has not been made available in the TechZen archive) we were asked to report if other community artefacts disappeared and I specifically queried the wiki and was given some assurances.  I have asked that thw wiki be restored, if not permanently, then at least for a while to give us an opportunity to preserve its excellent content.

Meanwhile, if anyone is desperate for wiki items, the WayBackMachine at Zenoss wiki WayBack may be able to help (slowly!).

Cheers,
Jane

Satay Epic

Aug 1, 2022, 10:33:23 PM8/1/22
to Zenoss Core
Thank you Jane for doing follow-up on the wiki restoration. Hopefully, the kind souls at Zenoss will help to restore it soon.
Message has been deleted

Wes Davis

Aug 2, 2022, 11:40:08 AM8/2/22
to Zenoss Core
I crawled all of wiki.zenoss.org back in March. It's only abou 3 GB, could it live on skills-1st with the TechZen archive, Jane?

Wes

Jane Curry

Aug 2, 2022, 11:43:59 AM8/2/22
to Zenoss Core
Hi Wes,
If you can dump your crawl somewhere I can reach it, we could have a go.  Many thanks for the offer.
Do you, by any chance know what the IP address was of wiki.zenoss.org?  Not sure whether they have really removed the wiki, or just done a DNS redirect on us, like the forum.

Cheers,
Jane
Message has been deleted

Wes Davis

Aug 2, 2022, 12:32:47 PM8/2/22
to Zenoss Core
Hi Jane,

I've emailed you with a Google Drive link for the tarball of the crawl. Had it in a reply on here but it seems to have been removed after I hit 'Post message'. Oh well.

As for previous DNS entries, https://securitytrails.com/dns-trails and https://osint.sh/dnshistory/ indicate it used to be 23.22.28.21, in AWS, but I can't get that to respond on 80 or 443. My own DNS logs at home don't do back far enough, but https://dnshistory.org says it's been the current CNAME since at least 12 July.

Wes