Hesitating to buy a zelocity tracker

Patrice

Sep 24, 2011, 10:16:11 AM9/24/11
to Zelocityusers
hello to all zelocity users !

3 years ago, i bought a vector pro lm. I was very disappointed with
the results :
The vector pro didn t catch all strikes, in particular wedges
Outdoor, i could see that the direction indicated by the lm was
different from the real shoot ( ie: draw when i was playing a fade and
vice versa)
The spin rate was sometimes crazy
The swing speed was not accurate at all...

I finally sold the vector pro 1 month later.

I have now an opportunity to buy a second hand zelocity tracker and i
m hesitating a lot since i read all your comments.
Is the purelaunch using the same software than the tracker ?
Are all the pbs you faced related to the software or also to the
hardware ?

what do you recommend ? Run away from this lm or give it a try ?
I won t use it for teaching purposes, only for fitting outdoor and
indoor.

Thanks for your feedback
Pat

Clubfitter73

Sep 24, 2011, 4:16:18 PM9/24/11
to Zelocityusers
A user of the new tracker gave some feedback on the ICG forum. In
short : In the beginning he was very happy however some time later he
posted that he is unhappy with it. Main issues that he reported

- software crashes
- shots not recorded
- hardware not found by the computer

You might contact him to get some more details. Most here in this
group only own the PureLuanch and not the new Tracker.

Patrice

Sep 24, 2011, 5:12:07 PM9/24/11
to Zelocityusers

Hello

Thanks for your feedback. I tried to find his post on the icg
forum...i can t find it.
I don t feel comfortable at all, reading your post, in buying the
tracker neither

If i find his post, i will let you know

Pat

Ron Tonnessen

Sep 24, 2011, 6:23:51 PM9/24/11
to zeloci...@googlegroups.com
Run....run...run...as fast as you can.

Ron Tonnessen

Sep 24, 2011, 6:39:15 PM9/24/11
to zeloci...@googlegroups.com
Here is the posting you were looking for

After Spending Some Time with The Zelocity Purelaunch Tracker...
I can honestly conclude that......it pretty much blows.

Frans and all those who warned me not to get it - you were right. My biggest problems with it aren't related to the accuracy. When data is actually captured, I'm able to confirm the results by watching ball flight. That therein lies the problem. The device is the most finicky, temperamental, unpredictable LM I've ever had any experience with. Everything has to be set up perfectly and when it is, it still might only work on every other shot. Common errors are "Too Much Noise", "No Pathway", or my personal favorite "Unknown Error".

When I call Zelocity, they always want to talk to me when the problem is happening. Conveniently, this most usually occurs during a fitting, which pretty much destroys my credibility. When I call them, Eva, walks me through a series of unplugging the USB Dongle (I love that word - dongle), turning off the pods, closing out the program and restarting stuff. Then it will occasionally work, sometimes not. They insist my situation isn't common and to their credit, they seem like they care about taking care of my situation (when I call).

Anyhow, I hope they come out with a new software release that addresses my problems because I do think the device could be effective, but I'm pretty sure a Foresight C2G or Flightscope will be coming my way next spring.

PS - I said I would call it like it is. Sucks to admit I was $4,500 wrong. I would like to be able to say that I got what I paid for, but at this point I don't even think that would be accurate.

HTH

Patrice

Sep 25, 2011, 6:50:11 AM9/25/11
to Zelocityusers
Hi ron,

Thanks for your posts...pretty scaring to buy the new zelocity lm
also !

I think the post you sent me is only accessible to the icg members who
pay a membership.
Do you the email address or name of the clubfitter who posted his
comments.

I would like to know if he s now using an upgraded software or if he
basically got rid of his tracker !

Anyway, thanks for all your comments as i m now pretty sure that i
should really run away from zelocity !
Pat

On 25 sep, 00:39, Ron Tonnessen <clubmeistersg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the posting you were looking for
>
> *After Spending Some Time with The Zelocity Purelaunch Tracker...*
> ------------------------------
> I can honestly conclude that......it pretty much blows.
>
> Frans and all those who warned me not to get it - you were right. My biggest
> problems with it aren't related to the accuracy. When data is actually
> captured, I'm able to confirm the results by watching ball flight. That
> therein lies the problem. The device is the most finicky, temperamental,
> unpredictable LM I've ever had any experience with. Everything has to be set
> up perfectly and when it is, it still might only work on every other shot.
> Common errors are "Too Much Noise", "No Pathway", or my personal favorite
> "Unknown Error".
>
> When I call Zelocity, they always want to talk to me when the problem is
> happening. Conveniently, this most usually occurs during a fitting, which
> pretty much destroys my credibility. When I call them, Eva, walks me through
> a series of unplugging the USB Dongle (I love that word - dongle), turning
> off the pods, closing out the program and restarting stuff. Then it will
> occasionally work, sometimes not. They insist my situation isn't common and
> to their credit, they seem like they care about taking care of my situation
> (when I call).
>
> Anyhow, I hope they come out with a new software release that addresses my
> problems because I do think the device could be effective, but I'm pretty
> sure a Foresight C2G or Flightscope will be coming my way next spring.
>
> PS - I said I would call it like it is. Sucks to admit I was $4,500 wrong. I
> would like to be able to say that I got what I paid for, but at this point I
> don't even think that would be accurate.
>
> HTH
>
> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 6:23 PM, Ron Tonnessen
> <clubmeistersg...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Run....run...run...as fast as you can.

Dave Wheaton

Sep 25, 2011, 3:29:49 PM9/25/11
to zeloci...@googlegroups.com
Run away as far as you can from anything to do with Zelocity.

Ron Tonnessen

Sep 25, 2011, 7:16:15 PM9/25/11
to zeloci...@googlegroups.com
Pat
You could post your question about the tracker on the open section of the ICG forum and see who responds.   Given everyone's experience with company and products...run, run, run away from anything with the Zelocity label.
HTH
Ron

Patrice

Sep 28, 2011, 7:59:38 AM9/28/11
to Zelocityusers

Thanks again for your help. Good idea, i will post on the icg forum.

At the moment, i have the choice between a flightscope x2 at 5500 usd,
a flightscope x1 at 4000 usd and a tracker at 1500 usd..i guess why
the tracker is sold so cheap...but i really wonder if my personal use,
it could be worth taking the risk if i m ready to face difficulties
from time to time.

Patrice

Ron Tonnessen

Sep 28, 2011, 8:17:48 AM9/28/11
to zeloci...@googlegroups.com
If you want accurate, usable information and a good customer experience (remember that you will still need to deal with Zelocity after you purchase the used unit) stay far away from the Z folks......The phrase "pennywise and pound foolish" might apply here.  The other suggestion you received (about getting a used Pure Launch and using Frans' new software) might be worth consideration.  I am one of the beta testers and I would tell you that each iteration gets better and more elegant.  Fitting outside, you have the advantage of seeing actual ball flight and distance so the critical parameters you need to capture are launch angle, club head speed, ball speed.  You could make a case for spin and angle of attack as well.  Add high speed video and impact tape and you're good to go.   That said, if you want to dazzle your customer with your fitting technology, Flightscope would be a much better choice than Z.