Use with Swing

Paul Dumais

Jul 19, 2015, 3:51:33 PM7/19/15
to zelko...@googlegroups.com
Would you recommend building a swing UI app with Zelkova? It seems like it would be fairly straight forward to wire up ui events to the appropriate async channels. Not as sure about ui updates coming from the rest of the app.

Thanks!

James MacAulay

Jul 21, 2015, 12:11:48 PM7/21/15
to zelko...@googlegroups.com, uns...@gmail.com
It was certainly my intention that Zelkova could be used in this way, but I haven't experimented with it myself. At some point I want to split zelkova into a core library supported by separate platform libraries (zelkova-browser, zelkova-swing, etc).

As far as recommendations go, you should be aware of some rough edges [1] and understand that the library is still very young. If you need do "real work" with it, I would advise caution. If you are just "playing around", then I encourage you wholeheartedly and would love it if you posted back here to let us know how it goes!

Cheers,
James