Welcome to Zope Component Architecture book's discussion group

Baiju M

Nov 22, 2007, 3:54:16 AM11/22/07
to zca...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I welcome all of you to Zope Component Architecture book's
discussion group. Thanks for joining this group. I hope we will have
more discussion about this book and its translation in coming months !

In my own assessment we have only completed 40 % of the book now. I
have plan to write 5 more chapters. I will be only touching these
chapters very slowly in coming months. Also we have to make the
current chapters better.

Only the first 4 chapters (`Getting started', `An example',
`Interfaces' and `Adapters') are are completed with full content.
However, the `Interfaces' and `Adapters' chapters still with my poor
english. The 5,6 and 7 chapters (`Utility', `Advanced adpaters', `ZCA
usage in Zope') are only partially completed, these chapters are just
an outline now.

Some portion of `Advanced adpaters' will be moved to a new chapter
later (`Events').

These are the 5 chapters I am planning to write:

1. A case study: desktop application
2. A chapter on testing ZCA based application
3. A chapter on schema
4. A chapter on events
5. A chapter on implementation of ZCA

I just started working on an example for case study chapter now. Only
after making an outline of these chapters, I will start looking to
re-write other unfinished chapters. I prefer to have an outline
first.

I don't have a time line for these works. I guess it will take
atleast 5 months to get an outline with all chapters.

With thanks and regards,
Baiju M

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez

Nov 22, 2007, 8:53:53 AM11/22/07
to zcadoc
Wow, that's lot of content planned! I'm really happy with the shape
this project is taking and I hope I can help not just translating it
but also giving some ideas about present and future chapters.

Go Baiju, GO!

Loren

Baiju M

Nov 22, 2007, 12:25:40 PM11/22/07
to zca...@googlegroups.com
On Nov 22, 2007 7:23 PM, Lorenzo Gil Sanchez

<lorenzo.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow, that's lot of content planned! I'm really happy with the shape
> this project is taking and I hope I can help not just translating it
> but also giving some ideas about present and future chapters.

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope all of us will make good result.

Regards,
Baiju M