Changing example code, convenience script added

1 view

Kent Tenney

Dec 2, 2007, 10:08:33 AM12/2/07
to zca...@googlegroups.com
I've been looking at changing the word usage in the
zcadoc example to avoid the register room/register component confusion

It is a bit more involved than changing some names, I'm still working
on the change of usage when converting from

'Registration' to 'Booking'
'Registrar' to 'FrontDesk'
register() to book_room()

I wrote a little convenience script to help me with this,
txt2epydoc.py extracts the examples from izca.txt and
sends them to epydoc.

I find it easier to overview the code via the epydoc results
than by looking through izca.txt

Some changes will need to be made to the narrative to reflect
the changes in the code, I'm not sure how extensive the changes
will be.

I'll push changes incrementally, I think that's the recommended way.

Thanks,
Kent

Baiju M

Dec 3, 2007, 3:18:33 AM12/3/07
to zca...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for doing this. I will merge these changes to my branch once you
completed.

Regards,
Baiju M

Kent Tenney

Dec 3, 2007, 11:56:18 AM12/3/07
to zca...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 3, 2007 2:18 AM, Baiju M <baiju....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2007 8:38 PM, Kent Tenney <kte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've been looking at changing the word usage in the
> > zcadoc example to avoid the register room/register component confusion

<snip>

> > I'll push changes incrementally, I think that's the recommended way.
>
> Thanks for doing this. I will merge these changes to my branch once you
> completed.

OK, you will wait until the modifications are completed before merging.

Please glance at the changes as I push them, let me know if
they seem to change the intent of the example too much.

Thanks,
Kent

Baiju M

Dec 4, 2007, 4:57:08 AM12/4/07
to zca...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 3, 2007 10:26 PM, Kent Tenney <kte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for doing this. I will merge these changes to my branch once you
> > completed.
>
> OK, you will wait until the modifications are completed before merging.
>
> Please glance at the changes as I push them, let me know if
> they seem to change the intent of the example too much.

I started merging it to my local branch, will push it after sometime.

/me attending FOSS.IN/2007 now http://foss.in

Regards,
Baiju M

Kent Tenney

Dec 4, 2007, 10:33:05 AM12/4/07
to zca...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 4, 2007 3:57 AM, Baiju M <baiju....@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2007 10:26 PM, Kent Tenney <kte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Thanks for doing this. I will merge these changes to my branch once you
> > > completed.
> >
> > OK, you will wait until the modifications are completed before merging.
> >
> > Please glance at the changes as I push them, let me know if
> > they seem to change the intent of the example too much.
>
> I started merging it to my local branch, will push it after sometime.

Ah.

I don't understand yet, but I hope to in the not-to-distant future.

At this point my understanding of bzr doesn't go beyond
always doing the dance of
edit->commit->push->merge
repeat above

I will look at the linear narratives which explain the relationships
involved Re: time and space, but I doubt I will really understand
until I can SEE the concepts. This seems to come to me only as
a result of _experiencing_ them.
... or the yet-to-be diagramming techniques.

:-]

This whole process is a very recursive learning experience.