Book title change

1 view

Baiju M

Nov 30, 2007, 7:49:13 AM11/30/07
to zca...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I was thinking about changing the title of ZCA book:
What's your opinion about "A Comprehensive Guide to Zope Component Architecture"

Regards,
Baiju M

Kent Tenney

Nov 30, 2007, 2:39:36 PM11/30/07
to zca...@googlegroups.com
Baiju,

That title makes a specific claim about the book.
Using the word "comprehensive" is saying that the book will
cover _everything_ in the ZCA.

It's a good title, but leaves you a bit vulnerable. Someone is sure
to go to it seeking an answer, not find it, and complain that it's not
'comprehensive'.

Wait ... I'm wrong, dictionary.com says::

1. of large scope; covering or involving much;

So, comprehensive does not mean 'complete', as I thought it did.
(I need to learn more about English)

I like the name.

CGTZCA or just CGZCA