How to resolve URL Not Found in the Scan Tree

vel

Jun 26, 2022, 6:09:49 AM6/26/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hello.

I am touching OWASP ZAP for the first time, I have it running from a container inside EC2 and I was running "spider" beforehand but when I run "ascan" I get "URL Not Found in the Scan Tree".
This may be a rudimentary question, but I would like to know how to solve this problem.

Also, it would be great if you could tell us where the logs are output.
Sorry my English is not good enough.

Tran Quoc Nam

Jun 26, 2022, 10:06:25 PM6/26/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hi,

It seems ZAP failed to understand the URL. Make sure it is published. Btw, can you give more context about the scan target (i.e. the URL)?

thc...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2022, 12:45:23 AM6/27/22
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

If you are getting that error it means the spider didn't find any URL or
not the ones expected. There are several reasons why that can happen
(e.g. if you are spidering a context the included regular expressions
are not correct; the target is not accessible).

For the log, see:
https://www.zaproxy.org/faq/where-does-zap-put-its-logs/

Best regards.

vel

Jun 27, 2022, 4:55:28 AM6/27/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hello

Thank you for your answer.
I thought that the spider was cleared because I saw something like {scan:0} when the spider was executed.
Am I wrong?

2022年6月27日月曜日 13:45:23 UTC+9 thc202:

vel

Jun 27, 2022, 4:57:52 AM6/27/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hello

Thank you for your answer.
Regarding the URL, we are displaying HTML placed on an AWS EC2 instance, and we are using the instance's public IPv4 DNS as the URL.

2022年6月27日月曜日 11:06:25 UTC+9 sanb...@gmail.com:

vel

Jun 30, 2022, 6:41:24 AM6/30/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hello

I would appreciate it if you could provide some guidance on this issue.

2022年6月26日日曜日 19:09:49 UTC+9 vel:

thc...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2022, 7:29:51 AM6/30/22
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Did you check the logs? Is the spider actually starting? And finding any
URLs?

Best regards.

vel

Jun 30, 2022, 8:16:04 PM6/30/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hello.

Thank you for your reply.
I omitted to mention this in my last post.
I have not been able to find the location of the logs, if you know the location of the docker version I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Also, I thought that spider was cleared because I saw something like {scan:0} when spider was executed.
Is this a mistake?

Sorry for the repetitive questions.

2022年6月30日木曜日 20:29:51 UTC+9 thc202:

thc...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2022, 12:59:09 AM7/1/22
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
That the scan ID was returned does not mean the spider found anything
(e.g. not able to connect to the target).

It's the Linux location:
https://www.zaproxy.org/faq/what-is-the-default-directory-that-zap-uses/

Best regards.

vel

Jul 3, 2022, 8:08:00 AM7/3/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hello.

Thank you for your answer.
I will check the log location first.

2022年7月1日金曜日 13:59:09 UTC+9 thc202:

vel

Jul 4, 2022, 12:28:58 PM7/4/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Sorry for the repetitive questions.

I know you told me that the logs are located on linux, but is the docker version the same?

I have not been able to find it.

2022年7月3日日曜日 21:08:00 UTC+9 vel:

thc...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2022, 7:56:32 AM7/5/22
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Yes, in Docker the location is the same.

You could map the whole ZAP home directory to local one (e.g. -v), that
would make it easier to inspect.

Best regards.