ZAP backlog issues

Simon Bennetts

Oct 24, 2024, 6:21:14 AM (4 days ago) Oct 24
to ZAP User Group
There are a lot of issues in the main ZAP repo, 788 at the time of writing.

This is partly due to the fact that ZAP is so popular :D
It is also due to the fact that ZAP has been "resource constrained" (ie not enough people have been working on it!) for many years.

Following the Checkmarx deal we now have 3 people working full time on ZAP!
While this is more people than we've ever had being able to focus on ZAP, I dont expect the number of open issues to decrease dramatically.

To give you (and us!) a better idea of the thing we (the ZAP Core Team) think are important we have created a new backlog tag. It's only just been created, so you can expect it to be added to more issues going forwards.
Any issues with this tag are more likely to be worked on by one (or more) of the Core Team, but we are not guaranteeing any sort of timeline for them.
Feel free to ask for this tag to be added on other issues (on those issues) but please don't take offence if we decline to do so.

We always want people to get involved with ZAP development, so feel free to offer to help with any issue.
But you should be aware that some of the backlog issues will be of importance to Checkmarx (and their customers). As such these issues will be worked on by those of us working at Checkmarx and we may decline to accept any contributor support as that could impact our internal delivery dates.

Hope that all sounds very reasonable - if not then reply to this post :D

Cheers,

Simon