ZAP - Script Based Auth

Swayam Sarangi

Sep 24, 2021, 3:37:05 AM9/24/21
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hi

I already have a ZEST script ready to help me authenticate to the application. I want to use that ZEST script in the authentication process of the web-app and I am trying to get it done via the python script mentioned here - https://www.zaproxy.org/docs/api/?shell#script-based-authentication

My question is whether I need to "set up authentication information" as a part of the python script described in def set_script_based_auth(): . I already have the authentication process set up in ZEST script so isn't the function unnecessary ?