fuzzing report

sania kanwal

Jun 23, 2022, 7:27:50 AM6/23/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
plz tell me how generate zap fuzzing report ..in which there should be payload and vulnerabilty is present in csv file

thc...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2022, 9:23:03 AM6/23/22
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

The fuzzer does not automatically report vulnerabilities it needs manual
assessment.

Fuzzer docs:
https://www.zaproxy.org/docs/desktop/addons/fuzzer/

Best regards.

sania kanwal

Jun 24, 2022, 12:38:31 AM6/24/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
thanks for your reply...
Actually, i want to create a dataset in which there should be a payload and corresponding vulnerability. I fuzz application with zap and payload from file fuzzer.   i exported the fuzz data there is a payload but no info about vulnerability is present or not. i send you fuzz data.

SQL.csv

Simon Bennetts

Jun 24, 2022, 3:52:27 AM6/24/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Fuzzing is a manual process.
It will not tell you if a vulnerability is present.
It will give you a load of data which you can hopefully use to tell if a vulnerability is present.
The data you have sent is unlikely to be enough to tell if there is a vulnerability present, to do that someone would need access to the target app and understand how it works.

Cheers,

Simon

sania kanwal

Jun 24, 2022, 7:26:37 AM6/24/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
I take Mutillidae vulnerable application then I fuzz this application and then  I scan this application from scanning I get vulnerability. is this correct procedure to create a dataset

Simon Bennetts

Jun 24, 2022, 9:06:53 AM6/24/22
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Well, it all depends on what you are trying to achieve, but that doesnt look like a normal approach to me.
If you are new to ZAP then have a look at the Getting Started Guide: https://www.zaproxy.org/getting-started/
You will see that this does not cover fuzzing - thats a manual (and advanced) technique.
The more usual approach is to explore the app (manually, using one of the spiders and/or by importing API definitions) and then using the Active Scanner.

Cheers,

Simon

sania kanwal

Jun 24, 2022, 12:38:22 PM6/24/22