ZAP API can't find node in site tree by URL

Rainer Pum

Mar 29, 2023, 11:16:08 AM3/29/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hello everyone, I am using ZAP to scan local websites with the Python API, of which I can't find the latest documentation by the way, but that is besides the point.

My problem is that ZAP can't find specific URLs (which ZAP itself found) in the site tree when trying to delete them, mind the following console output.

'https://10.10.10.10/admin/useradmin/%5C%22https:/github.com'
>>> zap.core.delete_site_node(zap.core.urls("https://10.10.10.10/admin/useradmin/%5C%22https:/github.com")[0])
'does_not_exist'

This site was probably recorded because the default behavior of the website for unauthenticated URL accesses is to give a 200 and the login page.
So I am currently trying to prune the spider results before actively scanning them.
Maybe the %5C%22 in the URL, which translates to \" is problematic for how ZAP handles URLs?
How can I delete the node?