DEFAULT SCAN repeats the same URL

mir

Mar 27, 2023, 4:37:10 AM3/27/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Could it be that in a repeat scan with DEFAULTSCAN of the same address it shows different data?
I will explain the question:
I ran DEFAULTSCAN on a particular URL with a MAXCHILDREN of 5 and it returned 227 URLs

Then I scan the same address again with a MAXCHILDREN of 3 and it returns me that there are no URLs to scan - could it be??
It works that after scanning once in the same run, it doesn't scan again? As if he is saving data that these addresses have already scanned?

Simon Bennetts

Mar 27, 2023, 6:55:12 AM3/27/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
No, if you tell ZAP to do something then it will do it, even if it has done the same thing before.
It does not try to second guess what you are trying to do.

However ZAP does add any URLs it descovers to the Sites tree.
If you run the spider again with the same parameters then it may well not add any new URLs to the Sites tree.

Cheers,

Simon

mir

Mar 27, 2023, 11:43:00 PM3/27/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Thanks for the help!
So just so I can understand more - since you say it goes into its own tree, then this is apparently the reason that when I print:
results = zap.spider.results(scan_id)
I have no results.
How do you print everything that needs to be scanned from the URL I send him (also what he found in the past..)
Thank you!
ב-יום שני, 27 במרץ 2023 בשעה 13:55:12 UTC+3, psi...@gmail.com כתב/ה:

Simon Bennetts

Mar 28, 2023, 4:22:22 AM3/28/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
The results dont go into a separate tree - there is only one Sites Tree, everything goes into that.

Having said that, "zap.spider.results(scan_id)" should show you the results of that particular scan.

Have a look in the zap.log file to see if any errors have been logged:

Cheers,

Simon