error in Header-based Session Management

Gary Guo (Gary Guo)

Mar 28, 2023, 4:58:05 AM3/28/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hi team, I installed the  Authentication Helper add-on, and configure context with header-based session management, then I ran the AF with desktop GUI, but It failed with the following error.
The configuration of header-based session management as the following shows:
Header: Cookie
Value:  token={%json:authentication.token%}

2023-03-28 16:49:14,442 [ZAP-Automation] ERROR UncaughtExceptionLogger - Exception in thread "ZAP-Automation"
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "String.toLowerCase(java.util.Locale)" because the return value of "org.zaproxy.addon.automation.SessionManagementData.getMethod()" is null
    at org.zaproxy.addon.automation.SessionManagementData.initContextSessionManagement(SessionManagementData.java:131) ~[?:?]
    at org.zaproxy.addon.automation.ContextWrapper.createContext(ContextWrapper.java:314) ~[?:?]
    at org.zaproxy.addon.automation.AutomationEnvironment.create(AutomationEnvironment.java:127) ~[?:?]
    at org.zaproxy.addon.automation.ExtensionAutomation.runPlan(ExtensionAutomation.java:279) ~[?:?]
    at org.zaproxy.addon.automation.ExtensionAutomation.lambda$runPlanAsync$2(ExtensionAutomation.java:320) ~[?:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) ~[?:?]

Simon Bennetts

Mar 28, 2023, 6:24:23 AM3/28/23
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Have you updated all of the other add-ons?
I think thats already been fixed in the latest version of the automation add-on.

Cheers,

Simon