Cannot intercept HTTPS Traffic (http works)

Juergen Dietl

Aug 7, 2015, 10:25:43 AM8/7/15
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hello World :-)

I am new to ZAP. So it would be very nice if anyone of you could help me.

I have installed ZAP under Windows 7/64. After the installation I created a new SSL root certificate
and imported that in my firefox. And of course I set the proxy to localhost:8080.

But for any reason I cannot see any HTTPS requests.
I can see all HTTP-Requests.

Any idea?

Thanx a lot for all your help.

cheers,
Juergen

thc...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2015, 10:34:34 AM8/7/15
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Is the "HTTP Proxy" configuration selected for all protocols ("Use this
proxy server for all protocols")?
If not, is "SSL Proxy" configured to use ZAP?

If the proxy configuration is correct, are the HTTPS pages shown when
you try to access them? Any error?

Best regards.

Juergen Dietl

Aug 7, 2015, 10:38:53 AM8/7/15
to OWASP ZAP User Group
Hello,
thanx for your help.

Anwers:

s the "HTTP Proxy" configuration selected for all protocols ("Use this
proxy server for all protocols")?  ---> YES

If not, is "SSL Proxy" configured to use ZAP?

If the proxy configuration is correct, are the HTTPS pages shown when
you try to access them? Any error?
---> The HTTPS pages show up in the browser without any error.

I have also disabled the windows firewall because its often a guilty part .......

Have a nice day,
cheers,
Juergen

thc...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2015, 10:56:28 AM8/7/15
to zaprox...@googlegroups.com
OK, just to confirm that the HTTPS traffic is really being proxied
through ZAP try changing the local proxy port [1] and check if HTTPS
pages are still shown.

I suppose you do not have any exclusions in the session? [2]

[1]
https://github.com/zaproxy/zap-core-help/wiki/HelpUiDialogsOptionsLocalproxy
[2]
https://github.com/zaproxy/zap-core-help/wiki/HelpUiDialogsSessionSessprop#exclude-from-proxy